Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Oh boy oh boy a Lincoln toy

Oh boy oh boy a Lincoln toy

collector«NZ

Well the pureists (I am one when it someone else's dime) may not like
clark connect with many services including firewall on one machine, but
it is neat and it is proving even a MS Win guy like me can make a well
configured linux system work out of the box. It is neat, risky but for
my use thats not an issue.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <472c58cc$(E-Mail Removed)>, collector«NZ wrote:

> Well the pureists (I am one when it someone else's dime) may not like
> clark connect with many services including firewall on one machine, but
> it is neat and it is proving even a MS Win guy like me can make a well
> configured linux system work out of the box. It is neat, risky but for
> my use thats not an issue.

Linux is all about choice. ClarkConnect is just one of the myriad choices
available to you with Linux. Plenty of room in the marketplace for all of
them, because the cost of operating in the marketplace with open-source
software is so low. Basic free-market economics in action--be glad for it!

collector«NZ

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> In message <472c58cc$(E-Mail Removed)>, collector«NZ wrote:
>
>> Well the pureists (I am one when it someone else's dime) may not like
>> clark connect with many services including firewall on one machine, but
>> it is neat and it is proving even a MS Win guy like me can make a well
>> configured linux system work out of the box. It is neat, risky but for
>> my use thats not an issue.

> Linux is all about choice. ClarkConnect is just one of the myriad choices
> available to you with Linux. Plenty of room in the marketplace for all of
> them, because the cost of operating in the marketplace with open-source
> software is so low. Basic free-market economics in action--be glad for it!

If other Linux based packages where this easy for a MS Win guy to adapt
to MS would have some serious up coming competition

sam

collector«NZ wrote:
> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>> In message <472c58cc$(E-Mail Removed)>, collector«NZ wrote:
>>
>>> Well the pureists (I am one when it someone else's dime) may not like
>>> clark connect with many services including firewall on one machine, but
>>> it is neat and it is proving even a MS Win guy like me can make a well
>>> configured linux system work out of the box. It is neat, risky but for
>>> my use thats not an issue.

>> Linux is all about choice. ClarkConnect is just one of the myriad choices
>> available to you with Linux. Plenty of room in the marketplace for all of
>> them, because the cost of operating in the marketplace with open-source
>> software is so low. Basic free-market economics in action--be glad for
>> it!

> If other Linux based packages where this easy for a MS Win guy to adapt
> to MS would have some serious up coming competition

http://www.smeserver.org/ is another preconfigured distro that you might
find useful even with a Windows centric world view

Gordon

On 2007-11-03, collector«NZ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>> In message <472c58cc$(E-Mail Removed)>, collector«NZ wrote:
>>
>>> Well the pureists (I am one when it someone else's dime) may not like
>>> clark connect with many services including firewall on one machine, but
>>> it is neat and it is proving even a MS Win guy like me can make a well
>>> configured linux system work out of the box. It is neat, risky but for
>>> my use thats not an issue.

>> Linux is all about choice. ClarkConnect is just one of the myriad choices
>> available to you with Linux. Plenty of room in the marketplace for all of
>> them, because the cost of operating in the marketplace with open-source
>> software is so low. Basic free-market economics in action--be glad for it!

> If other Linux based packages where this easy for a MS Win guy to adapt
> to MS would have some serious up coming competition

It seems you think that Linux's development has stopped. It has not.

collector«NZ

Gordon wrote:
> On 2007-11-03, collector«NZ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

>>> Linux is all about choice. ClarkConnect is just one of the myriad choices
>>> available to you with Linux. Plenty of room in the marketplace for all of
>>> them, because the cost of operating in the marketplace with open-source
>>> software is so low. Basic free-market economics in action--be glad for it!

>> If other Linux based packages where this easy for a MS Win guy to adapt
>> to MS would have some serious up coming competition

> It seems you think that Linux's development has stopped. It has not.

That is a fact, but another fact is that some applications are way
better developed than others.

MS Win XP Wallpaper Changer Power Toy config question All Things Mopar Computer Support 4 02-03-2010 12:14 AM
Newbie: is there a Lincoln Log approach? Brian ASP .Net 0 03-25-2006 02:52 PM
New toy.. new toy! Shane NZ Computing 9 03-10-2006 06:40 AM
Toy Story 1 & 2 SE vs Toy Box Set byronrobinson@sympatico.ca DVD Video 2 12-30-2005 11:14 PM
My new 'toy' arrived! JohnO Digital Photography 13 07-25-2003 02:20 PM

Advertisments