Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > tvnz ondemand having problems?

tvnz ondemand having problems?

blanking

Has anybody else not been able to play video on tvnzondemand since
yesterday, when I click on a video it says loading and I get a very short
flurry of internet traffic and then nothing, it just hangs for ever on

none

blanking wrote:
> Has anybody else not been able to play video on tvnzondemand since
> yesterday, when I click on a video it says loading and I get a very short
> flurry of internet traffic and then nothing, it just hangs for ever on

They rejigged it a while ago, no longer works on my Mac

XP/IE only afaik fwiw.

geoff

blanking wrote:
> Has anybody else not been able to play video on tvnzondemand since
> yesterday, when I click on a video it says loading and I get a very
> short flurry of internet traffic and then nothing, it just hangs for
> ever on "loading now" and no further data is received.

Probably just another case of customer and provider expectations of the NZ
internet backbone's capacity fro tyraffic not matching reality.

geoff

nod

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:00:48 +1300, "blanking" <blanking@brain> wrote:

>Has anybody else not been able to play video on tvnzondemand since
>yesterday, when I click on a video it says loading and I get a very short
>flurry of internet traffic and then nothing, it just hangs for ever on

I am miles away from an exchange and only receive minimum broadband
speeds.
I have just checked out tvnzondemand and had no problems at all with
it. Great sound and vision. Pity the programs are so crappy.

ChrisOD

In article <47259c61$(E-Mail Removed)>, blanking wrote:

> "none" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> blanking wrote:
>>> Has anybody else not been able to play video on tvnzondemand since
>>> yesterday, when I click on a video it says loading and I get a very short
>>> flurry of internet traffic and then nothing, it just hangs for ever on

>> They rejigged it a while ago, no longer works on my Mac
>>
>> XP/IE only afaik fwiw.

> Thanks a lot, last time i used it it worked with firefox so I did not think
> to try i.e, pretty stupid that it does not work with the most popular chosen
> webbrowser. Works perfectly in i.e for me. I guess the i.e and xp only is
> for copyright reasons as these 2 things are locked up and controlled unlike
> firefox and other o.s's.

I just used it on firefox on vista!

Maybe you have a flash plugin issue?

And I used it on a friends mac on the weekend, so have no idea what
the OP's issue might be.

ChrisOD

In article <fg43og$5n5$(E-Mail Removed)>, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> In message <47259c61$(E-Mail Removed)>, blanking wrote:
>
>> I guess the i.e
>> and xp only is for copyright reasons as these 2 things are locked up and
>> controlled unlike firefox and other o.s's.

> Unfortunately, this kind of thing just puts the customers off the product.
> Treating your customers like criminals is not the way to attract their
> business.

If we are going to have a conspiracy theory I blame it on the space bats.

Unfortunatley it seems it does work on firefox, just something else is
wrong with the OP's setup.

But that does not mean the evil space bats aren't taking over the world.

blanking

"none" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> blanking wrote:
>> Has anybody else not been able to play video on tvnzondemand since
>> yesterday, when I click on a video it says loading and I get a very short
>> flurry of internet traffic and then nothing, it just hangs for ever on

> They rejigged it a while ago, no longer works on my Mac
>
> XP/IE only afaik fwiw.

Thanks a lot, last time i used it it worked with firefox so I did not think
to try i.e, pretty stupid that it does not work with the most popular chosen
webbrowser. Works perfectly in i.e for me. I guess the i.e and xp only is
for copyright reasons as these 2 things are locked up and controlled unlike
firefox and other o.s's.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <47259c61$(E-Mail Removed)>, blanking wrote:

> I guess the i.e
> and xp only is for copyright reasons as these 2 things are locked up and
> controlled unlike firefox and other o.s's.

Unfortunately, this kind of thing just puts the customers off the product.
Treating your customers like criminals is not the way to attract their
business.

blanking

"ChrisOD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <47259c61$(E-Mail Removed)>, blanking wrote:
>>
>> "none" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> They rejigged it a while ago, no longer works on my Mac
>>>
>>> XP/IE only afaik fwiw.

>> Thanks a lot, last time i used it it worked with firefox so I did not
>> think
>> to try i.e, pretty stupid that it does not work with the most popular
>> chosen
>> webbrowser. Works perfectly in i.e for me. I guess the i.e and xp only is
>> for copyright reasons as these 2 things are locked up and controlled
>> unlike
>> firefox and other o.s's.
>>

> I just used it on firefox on vista!
>
> Maybe you have a flash plugin issue?
>
> And I used it on a friends mac on the weekend, so have no idea what
> the OP's issue might be.

I am using winxp and firefox, never had a flash plugin issue with it before
and noticed no problems with this anywhere else, but maybe they changed
something that now causes a problem with my flash or maybe it does not work
with firefox and winxp anymore, can anyone confirm?

blanking

"ChrisOD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <fg43og$5n5$(E-Mail Removed)>, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>> In message <47259c61$(E-Mail Removed)>, blanking wrote:
>>
>>> I guess the i.e
>>> and xp only is for copyright reasons as these 2 things are locked up and
>>> controlled unlike firefox and other o.s's.

>> Unfortunately, this kind of thing just puts the customers off the
>> product.
>> Treating your customers like criminals is not the way to attract their
>> business.

> If we are going to have a conspiracy theory I blame it on the space bats.
>
> Unfortunatley it seems it does work on firefox, just something else is
> wrong with the OP's setup.
>
> But that does not mean the evil space bats aren't taking over the world.

But does it work with firefox on winxp, vista is more tightly locked up so
maybe they allow firefox only on vista now.

Ad block for tvnz ondemand? Richard NZ Computing 42 06-28-2007 11:53 PM
TVNZ OnDemand Diogenes NZ Computing 0 03-02-2007 02:56 AM
OnDemand: Error during executing arsload Pascal Perl Misc 2 05-11-2005 12:39 PM
TVNZ satellite plans Craig Sutton NZ Computing 77 10-07-2004 03:53 AM
OT: Bloody TVNZ! ~misfit~ NZ Computing 19 06-30-2004 12:22 AM

Advertisments