Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > 2 seperate wireless networks in same building

2 seperate wireless networks in same building

SpiritBoy

I want some help with designing 2 separate wireless networks on our
high school campus. We currently have 1 WLAN for the students, no
encryption, just an open WLAN for anyone that needs internet access.
We would like to implement a 2nd WLAN for the teachers. We would like
this to be secure. We have approx. 300 laptops on the teacher network
and they are not part of a domain, just a workgroup. I realize that if
they were part of a domain we could use IAS with certificates and
accomplish our goal. I am looking for something with little user
intervention. My ideal solution would be to have some sort of
certificate or config file that we could give to the teachers to
import. I am trying to stay away from a RADIUS server, due to the fact
that we do not want to manage username/passwords for all of the
teachers. I also want a way to keep the teachers from accidentally
attaching to the student WLAN.

Thanks for you time
Jason