Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Who supplies Microsoft OEM software to computer companies?

Who supplies Microsoft OEM software to computer companies?

John

Is anyone able to tell me who are the main suppliers of microsoft OEM
software to computer assemblers in NZ?

Jonathan Walker

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 17:29:26 +1300, John wrote:

> Is anyone able to tell me who are the main suppliers of microsoft OEM
> software to computer assemblers in NZ?

Is it not... Microsoft?

--
Jonathan Walker

Nicolaas Hawkins

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 17:29:26 +1300, John <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in <news:1191903801.253812@ftpsrv1>:

> Is anyone able to tell me who are the main suppliers of microsoft OEM
> software to computer assemblers in NZ?

I wouldn't be too surprised if it is Microsoft NZ.

--
Nicolaas.

John

"Jonathan Walker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 17:29:26 +1300, John wrote:
>
>> Is anyone able to tell me who are the main suppliers of microsoft OEM
>> software to computer assemblers in NZ?

> Is it not... Microsoft?
>

> --
> Jonathan Walker
>
> "The IT industry landscape is littered with the dead
> dreams of people who once trusted Microsoft."

I don't think so. They have Microsoft OEM Distributors. From my research on
the microsoft website it is BLACK DIAMOND TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED and INGRAM
MICRO NZ LTD.

Dave Doe

In article <1191908824.403892@ftpsrv1>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...

> "Jonathan Walker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 17:29:26 +1300, John wrote:
> >
> >> Is anyone able to tell me who are the main suppliers of microsoft OEM
> >> software to computer assemblers in NZ?

> > Is it not... Microsoft?
> >

> > --
> > Jonathan Walker
> >
> > "The IT industry landscape is littered with the dead
> > dreams of people who once trusted Microsoft."

> I don't think so. They have Microsoft OEM Distributors. From my research on
> the microsoft website it is BLACK DIAMOND TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED and INGRAM
> MICRO NZ LTD.

And Renaisonce (sp?)

--
Duncan

Jonathan Walker

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 18:53:04 +1300, John wrote:

>>> Is anyone able to tell me who are the main suppliers of microsoft OEM
>>> software to computer assemblers in NZ?

>> Is it not... Microsoft?
>>

>> --
>> Jonathan Walker
>>
>> "The IT industry landscape is littered with the dead
>> dreams of people who once trusted Microsoft."

> I don't think so. They have Microsoft OEM Distributors. From my research on
> the microsoft website it is BLACK DIAMOND TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED and INGRAM
> MICRO NZ LTD.

Why would Micro$oft use two other companies to distribute its own software
when it already has a network of offices to spread its FUD and to market
its software here in NZ?

--
Jonathan Walker

Geoff

John wrote:
> "Jonathan Walker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 17:29:26 +1300, John wrote:
>>
>>> Is anyone able to tell me who are the main suppliers of microsoft
>>> OEM software to computer assemblers in NZ?

>> Is it not... Microsoft?
>>

>> --
>> Jonathan Walker
>>
>> "The IT industry landscape is littered with the dead
>> dreams of people who once trusted Microsoft."

> I don't think so. They have Microsoft OEM Distributors. From my
> research on the microsoft website it is BLACK DIAMOND TECHNOLOGIES
> LIMITED and INGRAM MICRO NZ LTD.

Did you call them ?

geoff

Alan

Ingram is certainly one.

Microsoft aren't going to bother dealing with all the little
assemblers - too expensive for them to manage.

They will deal direct for larger accounts I imagine.

Just my guesses!

--

Alan.

else associated with me.

My current valid email address is:

(E-Mail Removed)

email address.

ewygchvboocno43vb674b6nq46tvb

> Is anyone able to tell me who are the main suppliers of microsoft
> OEM software to computer assemblers in NZ?

thingy

John wrote:
> "Jonathan Walker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 17:29:26 +1300, John wrote:
>>
>>> Is anyone able to tell me who are the main suppliers of microsoft OEM
>>> software to computer assemblers in NZ?

>> Is it not... Microsoft?
>>

>> --
>> Jonathan Walker
>>
>> "The IT industry landscape is littered with the dead
>> dreams of people who once trusted Microsoft."

> I don't think so. They have Microsoft OEM Distributors. From my research on
> the microsoft website it is BLACK DIAMOND TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED and INGRAM
> MICRO NZ LTD.

We used to buy our licences off Dove Electronics as we were too small
for any direct contract as I recall.

regards

Thing

thingy