Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Games- codecracker.

Games- codecracker.

Geopelia

I've joined the GrownUps site, and am trying to play their Codecracker game.
It's like Sudoku or a crossword, you have to fill in squares with letters.

I had to install Adobe, which I did successfully. But I can't find a way to
put the letters in to the squares. I put the arrow on the square and type
the letter, but nothing happens.

There must be something else I should do, but what, please? There is no
information I can find on their site.

Geopelia

Enkidu

Geopelia wrote:
> I've joined the GrownUps site, and am trying to play their Codecracker game.
> It's like Sudoku or a crossword, you have to fill in squares with letters.
>
> I had to install Adobe, which I did successfully. But I can't find a way to
> put the letters in to the squares. I put the arrow on the square and type
> the letter, but nothing happens.
>
> There must be something else I should do, but what, please? There is no
> information I can find on their site.

Tried double-clicking the square? That's the way Adobe forms work.

Cheers,

Cliff

'hilarious', it usually isn't?

Geopelia

"Enkidu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:46fc1cce$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Geopelia wrote:
>> I've joined the GrownUps site, and am trying to play their Codecracker
>> game. It's like Sudoku or a crossword, you have to fill in squares with
>> letters.
>>
>> I had to install Adobe, which I did successfully. But I can't find a way
>> to put the letters in to the squares. I put the arrow on the square and
>> type the letter, but nothing happens.
>>
>> There must be something else I should do, but what, please? There is no
>> information I can find on their site.
>>

> Tried double-clicking the square? That's the way Adobe forms work.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cliff

Thank you.
I've just tried that, but it doesn't work. I tried right clicking too, and
got connected to Adobe flash player, but even after that it didn't work.
I've tried every combination of letter and click, but no luck.

I'm going to look on Google for a form I can print out, I expect there is
one, as there are several sudoku ones.
I want something reasonably intelligent to do in the TV ad breaks!

Geopelia

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <fdha84$e4b$(E-Mail Removed)>, Geopelia wrote:

> I want something reasonably intelligent to do in the TV ad breaks!

I keep a few books and magazines lying around for that purpose. For
instance, I picked up the Taschen reprint of "Description de l'Egypte"
(large numbers of detailed drawings of the tombs, temples, pyramids etc
done by Napolean's army during their time in Egypt), and that's been
pleasant to leaf through when I've got nothing else to do.

Rob S

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> In message <fdha84$e4b$(E-Mail Removed)>, Geopelia wrote:
>
>> I want something reasonably intelligent to do in the TV ad breaks!

> I keep a few books and magazines lying around for that purpose. For
> instance, I picked up the Taschen reprint of "Description de l'Egypte"
> (large numbers of detailed drawings of the tombs, temples, pyramids etc
> done by Napolean's army during their time in Egypt), and that's been
> pleasant to leaf through when I've got nothing else to do.

The originals have been digitized and are viewable at
http://descegy.bibalex.org/

You really need broadband though, and it's in Flash.

--

Rob
http://www.aspir8or.com

You know you've spent too much time on the computer when you spill milk
and the first thing you think is, 'edit, undo.'

Geopelia

"Rob S" <here@home> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>> In message <fdha84$e4b$(E-Mail Removed)>, Geopelia wrote:
>>
>>> I want something reasonably intelligent to do in the TV ad breaks!

>> I keep a few books and magazines lying around for that purpose. For
>> instance, I picked up the Taschen reprint of "Description de l'Egypte"
>> (large numbers of detailed drawings of the tombs, temples, pyramids etc
>> done by Napolean's army during their time in Egypt), and that's been
>> pleasant to leaf through when I've got nothing else to do.

> The originals have been digitized and are viewable at
> http://descegy.bibalex.org/
>
> You really need broadband though, and it's in Flash.
>
> --
>
> Rob

I've got dial up. That sounds an interesting book though. The Sphinx looked
quite different in his day, didn't it.

Geopelia

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Rob S wrote:

> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>
>> I picked up the Taschen reprint of "Description de l'Egypte" ...

> The originals have been digitized and are viewable at
> http://descegy.bibalex.org/ ... and it's in Flash.

Typically annoying proprietary formats--no place that I can find simple
scanned images or lists or anything like that. Trying to follow links that
say "Description de l'Egypte"
<http://www.bibalex.org/ISIS/ProjectDetails.aspx?Status=past&id=47> keeps
taking me to a page saying "an unexpected error has occurred".

Geopelia

news:fdhu3k$ek0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Rob S wrote:
>
>> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>>
>>> I picked up the Taschen reprint of "Description de l'Egypte" ...

>> The originals have been digitized and are viewable at
>> http://descegy.bibalex.org/ ... and it's in Flash.

> Typically annoying proprietary formats--no place that I can find simple
> scanned images or lists or anything like that. Trying to follow links that
> say "Description de l'Egypte"
> <http://www.bibalex.org/ISIS/ProjectDetails.aspx?Status=past&id=47> keeps
> taking me to a page saying "an unexpected error has occurred".

Try http://touregypt.net/featurestories/description.htm

Very interesting, with pictures and plenty of links. It isn't about Taschen,
though.

Geopelia

news:fdhu3k$ek0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Rob S wrote:
>
>> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>>
>>> I picked up the Taschen reprint of "Description de l'Egypte" ...

>> The originals have been digitized and are viewable at
>> http://descegy.bibalex.org/ ... and it's in Flash.

> Typically annoying proprietary formats--no place that I can find simple
> scanned images or lists or anything like that. Trying to follow links that
> say "Description de l'Egypte"
> <http://www.bibalex.org/ISIS/ProjectDetails.aspx?Status=past&id=47> keeps
> taking me to a page saying "an unexpected error has occurred".

Yes, I got that too. But the error isn't the usual Google one, it is an
error on the actual site.

Sam

Click in a blue square on the righthand side and enter a number then
click on the Insert Letters box in the bottom right