Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > For those that still use Floppies..

For those that still use Floppies..

Brian Adams

Old but great tool to copy and format floppies to standard and none standard
formats etc, you can set the number of tracts and number of sector like the
80/21 use by MS with its 1680k floppies..

Work OK with XP when XP no longer formats floppies and the MS 1680k ones..

I dug this out as XP will no longer do a full format and will not format the
MS 1680k floppies..

SH-CopyStar

Here are a few links for it..

http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?500000021209

http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/betri..._copystar.html

http://lars-schenk.com/history/1994-sh-copystar

Note: It is in English..

thingy

Brian Adams wrote:

> Old but great tool to copy and format floppies to standard and none standard
> formats etc, you can set the number of tracts and number of sector like the
> 80/21 use by MS with its 1680k floppies..
>

> Work OK with XP when XP no longer formats floppies and the MS 1680k ones..
>

> I dug this out as XP will no longer do a full format and will not format the
> MS 1680k floppies..
>

> SH-CopyStar
>
> Here are a few links for it..
>
> http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?500000021209
>
> http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/betri..._copystar.html
>

> http://lars-schenk.com/history/1994-sh-copystar
>

> Note: It is in English..

Having just installed XP onto a new box that had a sata drive....I found
I needed a floppy (somewhat annoying that F6 only allows a
floppy).....so had to do a mad seacrh up the attic for an old 3.5inch
drive........

:/

regards

thing

Dave Taylor

thingy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> so had to do a mad seacrh up the attic for an old 3.5inch
> drive........

I have an old 5.25 with the ISA controller to go with it too. No, it is
not in use but I kept it in a junk box because I might need it one day.
But really, it is nearly useless. I am considering selling the ISA /PCI
Junk box. I mean, who wants a 1Gig Travan Drive and misc old cards.

--
Ciao, Dave

EMB

thingy wrote:

> Having just installed XP onto a new box that had a sata drive....I found
> I needed a floppy (somewhat annoying that F6 only allows a
> floppy).....so had to do a mad seacrh up the attic for an old 3.5inch
> drive........

I just keep a USB floppy drive to hand - F6 recognises it ok.