Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > itunes purchase

itunes purchase

Possum

Hi

Is it possible to buy itunes music from New Zealand..

cheers Possum

Richard

Possum wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is it possible to buy itunes music from New Zealand..
>
> cheers Possum

No, because you never have ownership of it.

You can pay money to get the use of songs from the site for the
foreseeable future on hardware and software that apple deem worthy. If
that is "buying" to you, then go for it.

Whalemeat is Yummy

Yeah but the quality is pretty crappy for most music.

A lousy 128kbps

Mutlley

Richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Possum wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Is it possible to buy itunes music from New Zealand..
>>
>> cheers Possum

>No, because you never have ownership of it.
>
>You can pay money to get the use of songs from the site for the
>foreseeable future on hardware and software that apple deem worthy. If
>that is "buying" to you, then go for it.

Not quite true. You burn the files as audio CDs. As long as the Cd
lasts so do the downloads. Even real Cds according to the RIAA you
don't own only a license to play them..

sam

Whalemeat is Yummy wrote:
> Yeah but the quality is pretty crappy for most music.
>
> A lousy 128kbps

128kbps AAC is about equivalent to 192kbps mp3

sam

Richard wrote:
> Possum wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Is it possible to buy itunes music from New Zealand..
>>
>> cheers Possum

> No, because you never have ownership of it.
>
> You can pay money to get the use of songs from the site for the
> foreseeable future on hardware and software that apple deem worthy. If
> that is "buying" to you, then go for it.

same deal as buying cds, you don't own the content, you can only play it
on a cd drive

Richard

sam wrote:
> Richard wrote:
>> Possum wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Is it possible to buy itunes music from New Zealand..
>>>
>>> cheers Possum

>> No, because you never have ownership of it.
>>
>> You can pay money to get the use of songs from the site for the
>> foreseeable future on hardware and software that apple deem worthy. If
>> that is "buying" to you, then go for it.

> same deal as buying cds, you don't own the content, you can only play it
> on a cd drive

I am not reliant on my CD drive being required to be updated in order to
be authorized by the supplier of media I play, and as a result having
the features that were available to me at the time of purchase being
removed.

I also can use my cd in any player that I choose, not just 5 that I
choose to authorize at any given time with the vendor.

I can sell or give my CD when I am sick of it to someone else.