Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > HELP: Azureus to magnet URIs

HELP: Azureus to magnet URIs

Greg House

Windows users can link Azureus to magnet URIs with the magnet-URI handler. Azureus 2.3.0.6 and later
will do that automatically. If another program has 'taken over' the magnet protocol, "Tools >
Options > Reset explorer file associations (.torrent)" {at the bottom} will make Azureus the default
again.

Can't seem to find the info they are referring to..

"Tools >Options > Reset explorer file associations (.torrent)"

I do not have such a path..???

Squiggle

Greg House wrote:

> Windows users can link Azureus to magnet URIs with the magnet-URI handler. Azureus 2.3.0.6 and later
> will do that automatically. If another program has 'taken over' the magnet protocol, "Tools >
> Options > Reset explorer file associations (.torrent)" {at the bottom} will make Azureus the default
> again.
>
> Can't seem to find the info they are referring to..
>
> "Tools >Options > Reset explorer file associations (.torrent)"
>

> I do not have such a path..???

In the options screen click on the "Interface" branch of the options tree.
Down the bottom on the main panel is what you seek

Greg House

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 13:05:13 +1200, Squiggle <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Greg House wrote:
>>

>> Windows users can link Azureus to magnet URIs with the magnet-URI handler. Azureus 2.3.0.6 and later
>> will do that automatically. If another program has 'taken over' the magnet protocol, "Tools >
>> Options >Azureus (.torrent)" {at the bottom} will make Azureus the default
>> again.
>>
>> Can't seem to find the info they are referring to..
>>
>> "Tools >Options > Reset explorer file associations (.torrent)"
>>

>> I do not have such a path..???
>>

>In the options screen click on the "Interface" branch of the options tree.
>Down the bottom on the main panel is what you seek

Thanks But !!

Are we refering to Azureus ? as the version that I have (3.0.2.2) does not have any refrennce to

"Tools >Options > Reset explorer file associations (.torrent)"

The tree list I have are

Interface

Language
Start
Display
Color Scheme
Alerts..

Squiggle

Greg House wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 13:05:13 +1200, Squiggle <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Greg House wrote:
>>>
>>> Windows users can link Azureus to magnet URIs with the magnet-URI handler. Azureus 2.3.0.6 and later
>>> will do that automatically. If another program has 'taken over' the magnet protocol, "Tools >
>>> Options >Azureus (.torrent)" {at the bottom} will make Azureus the default
>>> again.
>>>
>>> Can't seem to find the info they are referring to..
>>>
>>> "Tools >Options > Reset explorer file associations (.torrent)"
>>>

>>> I do not have such a path..???
>>>

>> In the options screen click on the "Interface" branch of the options tree.
>> Down the bottom on the main panel is what you seek

> Thanks But !!
>

> Are we refering to Azureus ? as the version that I have (3.0.2.2) does not have any refrennce to
>
> "Tools >Options > Reset explorer file associations (.torrent)"
>

> The tree list I have are
>
> Interface
>
> Language
> Start
> Display
> Color Scheme
> Alerts..

Yes, now click on the word "interface". what is the bottom entry on the
right hand side?

Greg House

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 23:01:28 +1200, Squiggle <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Greg House wrote:

>>> In the options screen click on the "Interface" branch of the options tree.
>>> Down the bottom on the main panel is what you seek

>> Thanks But !!
>>

>> Are we refering to Azureus ? as the version that I have (3.0.2.2) does not have any refrennce to
>>
>> "Tools >Options > Reset explorer file associations (.torrent)"
>>

>> The tree list I have are
>>
>> Interface
>>
>> Language
>> Start
>> Display
>> Color Scheme
>> Alerts..
>>

>Yes, now click on the word "interface". what is the bottom entry on the
>right hand side?

Many thanks I have now found it, you do need the full window as it does not scroll..

The Microsoft fridge magnet hall of shame victor NZ Computing 1 01-29-2011 07:20 AM
Spam.Magnet@gmx.net Spamy Computer Support 2 05-21-2007 09:59 PM
spam magnet a a Python 0 02-16-2007 02:00 AM
How to create URIs the REST way? (aka flickr tag uris) Konstantin ASP .Net 1 10-19-2006 12:08 PM

Advertisments