Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Vista continues to grow, Intel Mac up, others down

Vista continues to grow, Intel Mac up, others down

Fred Dagg

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 18:13:07 +1000, Chris Wilkinson
<(E-Mail Removed)> exclaimed:

>> I'm not speaking *for* people, I'm making an observation of fact.
>> People prefer to pay for the better alternative. Otherwise they
>> wouldn't. All your talk of them somehow not being aware they've paid
>> for it really is a copout.

>You're generalising, and in doing so "overlooking" the fact that
>not all people will be aware they have paid for Windows as part
>of the purchase of their system.

Oh come on. Do you really believe that?

You're saying I'm generalising, then you're launching forth in your
own generalisation! You don't think that makes you look a little
silly?

>The part where you say "they can't even give it away". If thats
>the case why am I running openSUSE? Why are people able to grab
>that and other distros from the net? Seems some people are in
>fact using Linux, which means the Linux vendors *are* successfully
>giving it away. Once again your words make a fool of you.

I'm sure you and the other 2% of people that use Linux will be happy
with it. In the meantime, everyone else is happy to pay for a better
product. Period.

Fred Dagg

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 18:32:47 +1000, Chris Wilkinson
<(E-Mail Removed)> exclaimed:

>> It is the Linux nerds contempt of the publics intelligence that is their
>> undoing. I think if you showed the average home computer user some respect
>> for a change you might be able to connect with them a lot better.

>If you can back that up with some fact I'll concede, but I suspect
>that its a lie told by MS acolytes like yourself to keep promoting
>the FUD about Linux that some people I've spoken to seem to perceive
>as being "truth".

Have you ever stopped to think that most people perception of Linux is
actually valid? Just because it might be the best OS for you in your
mind doesn't make it suitable for the 98% of people who choose not to
use it.