Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > nz websites

nz websites

bodger

I'm developing a website at the moment. Are there any examples of NZ
websites that are used alot internationally?

Dave Taylor

"bodger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1189299326.563541@ftpsrv1:

> I'm developing a website at the moment. Are there any examples of NZ
> websites that are used alot internationally?

Major Newspapers and job sites would probably be a good start. and
..govt.nz sites too, like this one:
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/

--
Ciao, Dave

bodger

"Dave Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns99A68CAC419E9daveytaynospamplshot@203.97.3 7.6...
> "bodger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> > I'm developing a website at the moment. Are there any examples of NZ
> > websites that are used alot internationally?

> Major Newspapers and job sites would probably be a good start. and
> .govt.nz sites too, like this one:
> http://www.immigration.govt.nz/
>
> --

Thanks for that. I was thinking more of a nz site that has built a large
base of users internationally like a search engine (google) or a community
(myspace)

Donchano

On Sun, 9 Sep 2007 12:59:22 +1200, "bodger" <(E-Mail Removed)>
magnanimously proffered:

>I'm developing a website at the moment. Are there any examples of NZ
>websites that are used alot internationally?

http://www.trademe.co.nz

Craig Whitmore

> Thanks for that. I was thinking more of a nz site that has built a large
> base of users internationally like a search engine (google) or a community
> (myspace)

It might be helpful on why you are asking these question?

Thanks

bodger

"Craig Whitmore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:46e376ea$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > Thanks for that. I was thinking more of a nz site that has built a large
> > base of users internationally like a search engine (google) or a

community
> > (myspace)
> >

> It might be helpful on why you are asking these question?

I'm really trying to find out how some websites get widespread usage,
without major advertising, while others never get picked up. If someone
locally has done this I'd like to talk to them.

none

bodger wrote:
> I'm really trying to find out how some websites get widespread usage,
> without major advertising, while others never get picked up. If someone
> locally has done this I'd like to talk to them.

Ones that are useful, novel, and don't suck get used.

Ones that aren't, don't. Not sure there's a lot of rocket science to it.

Rob S

bodger wrote:
> "Craig Whitmore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:46e376ea$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Thanks for that. I was thinking more of a nz site that has built a large
>>> base of users internationally like a search engine (google) or a

> community
>>> (myspace)
>>>

>> It might be helpful on why you are asking these question?
>>

> I'm really trying to find out how some websites get widespread usage,
> without major advertising, while others never get picked up. If someone
> locally has done this I'd like to talk to them.

google for search engine optimization