Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Xtra's Damage Control - Too Little Too Late

Xtra's Damage Control - Too Little Too Late

Donchano

On 25 Aug 2007 05:04:27 GMT, Gordon <(E-Mail Removed)> magnanimously
proffered:

>On 2007-08-24, Sue Bilstein <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>[snip]
>

>> I would agree with you about experience up till now. But the CSRs
>> I've spoken to since they foisted this Bubble fiasco on us have known
>> nothing, and shown no signs of being able to sort anything out.
>>
>> The weirdest one today had a strong Filipino accent and kept calling
>> me by my surname.

>Now, this is still done to-day. Take the Kiwi media as an example. for it is
>surname/family name which Jane Doe did whatever.

Of course the media use a subject's surname. It wouldn't make much
sense to just say Jane did it.

>I find this rather so 1800's ish. Remember The U S of A still murders
>people.

Only in the name of peace and justice.

Mark Robinson

Donchano wrote:
> On 25 Aug 2007 05:04:27 GMT, Gordon <(E-Mail Removed)> magnanimously
> proffered:
>> I find this rather so 1800's ish. Remember The U S of A still murders
>> people.

> Only in the name of peace and justice.

OK then, rather so 1984ish:

Peace is war;

Murder is justice.

Pack of !@# barbarians.

Geoff

Gordon wrote:
> On 2007-08-24, Donchano <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> By now, many of you will have received the same Xtra email I did
>> earlier today and are probably wondering, like I am, why the
>> braindead wankers didn't send this out BEFORE the weekend's email
>> fiasco - and why it's taken them sooooooo long to send it AFTER it
>> happened?
>>

> Question, Why do so many people go/stay with Xtra?

Because apart from Clear's cable and Whoosh's wireless (which they aren't
interested in supplying where it's not 'easy'), then in reality it all
***IS*** Xtra.

> To me it is like you are willing to be abused, all too often.

Yep. By Telecom, or by somebody else who has to deal with or through them.

geoff

sam

Geoff wrote:
> Gordon wrote:
>> On 2007-08-24, Donchano <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> By now, many of you will have received the same Xtra email I did
>>> earlier today and are probably wondering, like I am, why the
>>> braindead wankers didn't send this out BEFORE the weekend's email
>>> fiasco - and why it's taken them sooooooo long to send it AFTER it
>>> happened?
>>>

>> Question, Why do so many people go/stay with Xtra?

> Because apart from Clear's cable and Whoosh's wireless (which they aren't
> interested in supplying where it's not 'easy'), then in reality it all
> ***IS*** Xtra.

BS
Xtra is just an ISP
No other ISPs supplying connections via Telecom NZ ADSL were affected by
Xtra's mail issues.

>> To me it is like you are willing to be abused, all too often.

> Yep. By Telecom, or by somebody else who has to deal with or through them.
>
> geoff

Bruce Sinclair

In article <fam57v$ln1$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)! wrote:
>Matty F wrote:

(snip)
>I was quite happy with the old system, why did they have to F@#$k around
>with it???.

According to their sales type ? ... 'to provide a new and better service
with extra features to our customers' ... or something similar.
Again I refer people to your dictionary definition number 2 of 'service'.
It's to do with bulls and cows.

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Gordon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On 2007-08-24, Old Wolf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Aug 24, 3:05 pm, "BTMO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Xtra is one of those funny companies that believe that the market is peopled
>>> by idiots,

>> If you've ever worked on an Xtra helpdesk, you will understand that
>> point of view.
>>

>Idiots or ignorant? Ignorance can be cured

... not wilfull ignorance. It's self perpetuationg.

Geoff

sam wrote:
> Geoff wrote:
>> Gordon wrote:
>>>>
>>> Question, Why do so many people go/stay with Xtra?

>> Because apart from Clear's cable and Whoosh's wireless (which they
>> aren't interested in supplying where it's not 'easy'), then in
>> reality it all ***IS*** Xtra.

> BS
> Xtra is just an ISP
> No other ISPs supplying connections via Telecom NZ ADSL were affected
> by Xtra's mail issues.

Sure, but they are equally rooted by the (real, as oppose to purely
'business') hardware issues.

geoff

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Geoff wrote:

> sam wrote:
>
>> Xtra is just an ISP
>> No other ISPs supplying connections via Telecom NZ ADSL were affected
>> by Xtra's mail issues.

> Sure, but they are equally rooted by the (real, as oppose to purely
> 'business') hardware issues.

What "hardware" issues were these? I'm not with Xtra, and I didn't notice
any e-mail or other network trouble over the last few days.

Jasen Betts

On 2007-08-24, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote:
> In message <fam57v$ln1$(E-Mail Removed)>, Bugalugs wrote:
>
>> I was quite happy with the old system, why did they have to F@#$k around
>> with it???.

> Possibly because it was insecure.

who could snoop on it that didn't have a more convenient way to access
the data?

Bye.
Jasen