Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > WTB : XP Home legal

WTB : XP Home legal

Geoff

Anybody Wellington , preferably Porirua area, have a no-longer installed
original XP with certificate XP for sale ?

Nobody seems able or willing to stock it any more.

geoff (027) 454-8523

Andrew Lambert

Geoff wrote:
> Anybody Wellington , preferably Porirua area, have a no-longer installed
> original XP with certificate XP for sale ?
>
> Nobody seems able or willing to stock it any more.
>
> geoff (027) 454-8523

http://ascent.co.nz/productspecifica...?ItemID=348728
Its OEM, so you will need to buy this also:
http://ascent.co.nz/productspecifica...ItemID=8067172

XPD

"Geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Anybody Wellington , preferably Porirua area, have a no-longer installed
> original XP with certificate XP for sale ?
>
> Nobody seems able or willing to stock it any more.

Youre obviously talking to the wrong stores.
Can get you a 30 pack of XP Home OEM without any issue
Got a spare $4500 ? Then flog off copies to those stores

Greg House

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 15:09:26 +1200, "Geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Anybody Wellington , preferably Porirua area, have a no-longer installed
>original XP with certificate XP for sale ?
>
>Nobody seems able or willing to stock it any more.
>
>geoff (027) 454-8523

PriceSpy list 3 for the Home Version and 43 for the Home OEM..

Atech and MetratonIT list it and all the others in Wellington are Online Ordering only, Ascent and
PP.

Check the prices big variations..

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <faivhi$st1$(E-Mail Removed)>, Andrew Lambert wrote:

> Geoff wrote:
>> Anybody Wellington , preferably Porirua area, have a no-longer installed
>> original XP with certificate XP for sale ?
>>

> http://ascent.co.nz/productspecifica...?ItemID=348728
> Its OEM, so you will need to buy this also:
> http://ascent.co.nz/productspecifica...ItemID=8067172

From memory, the OEM licence is tied to that specific bit of hardware, so if
you are unable to continue using that power cord for any reason, you cannot
legally continue using that copy of XP, am I right?

XPD

news:fajelc$hs7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In message <faivhi$st1$(E-Mail Removed)>, Andrew Lambert wrote:
>
>> Geoff wrote:
>>> Anybody Wellington , preferably Porirua area, have a no-longer installed
>>> original XP with certificate XP for sale ?
>>>

>> http://ascent.co.nz/productspecifica...?ItemID=348728
>> Its OEM, so you will need to buy this also:
>> http://ascent.co.nz/productspecifica...ItemID=8067172

> From memory, the OEM licence is tied to that specific bit of hardware, so
> if
> you are unable to continue using that power cord for any reason, you
> cannot
> legally continue using that copy of XP, am I right?

Pretty much.
But MS dont bother keeping eye on it.... my OEM Home license is from a
friends dead laptop. Works fine and never had any issues getting it
activated.

Geoff

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> In message <faivhi$st1$(E-Mail Removed)>, Andrew Lambert wrote:
>
>> Geoff wrote:
>>> Anybody Wellington , preferably Porirua area, have a no-longer
>>> installed original XP with certificate XP for sale ?
>>>

>> http://ascent.co.nz/productspecifica...?ItemID=348728
>> Its OEM, so you will need to buy this also:
>> http://ascent.co.nz/productspecifica...ItemID=8067172

> From memory, the OEM licence is tied to that specific bit of
> hardware, so if you are unable to continue using that power cord for
> any reason, you cannot legally continue using that copy of XP, am I
> right?

No. It is licenced for installation on one computer at a time.

I think you get 4 activations before they complain, and updates won't work
on more than one current activation.

geoff

Geoff

XPD wrote:
> "Geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> Anybody Wellington , preferably Porirua area, have a no-longer
>> installed original XP with certificate XP for sale ?
>>
>> Nobody seems able or willing to stock it any more.

> Youre obviously talking to the wrong stores.
> Can get you a 30 pack of XP Home OEM without any issue
> Got a spare $4500 ? Then flog off copies to those stores

I know I'm going to the wrong stores. Hardly Normal and Tricky Dicky and
Noel Laming probably have some sort of marketing agreement with Microshaft
to kill off XP.

geoff