Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Invoice numbering ......

Invoice numbering ......

Caught

Once a Template for the invoice is established how do you

'program' Excel that every time a new invoice is prodced it will be numbered
accordingly.

For example 1000 then 1001 then 1002 etc..

Many thanks in advance.

Fred Dagg

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 15:48:39 +1200, "Caught" <(E-Mail Removed)>
exclaimed:

>Once a Template for the invoice is established how do you
>
>'program' Excel that every time a new invoice is prodced it will be numbered
>accordingly.
>
>For example 1000 then 1001 then 1002 etc..
>
>Many thanks in advance.

IRD don't like you using Excel/Word for invoices, as it means they can
be changed once they're issued.

If they audit you, they'll tell you to change.

Better to spend a couple of hundred on MYOB or something.

Caught

"Fred Dagg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 15:48:39 +1200, "Caught" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> exclaimed:
>
>>Once a Template for the invoice is established how do you
>>
>>'program' Excel that every time a new invoice is prodced it will be
>>numbered
>>accordingly.
>>
>>For example 1000 then 1001 then 1002 etc..
>>
>>Many thanks in advance.
>>

> IRD don't like you using Excel/Word for invoices, as it means they can
> be changed once they're issued.
>
> If they audit you, they'll tell you to change.
>
> Better to spend a couple of hundred on MYOB or something.

Thanks for that Fredd.

I can asure you that is not my intent. If you can help it would be greatly
appreciated.

EMB

Fred Dagg wrote:

> IRD don't like you using Excel/Word for invoices, as it means they can
> be changed once they're issued.
>
> If they audit you, they'll tell you to change.
>
> Better to spend a couple of hundred on MYOB or something.

MYOB invoices can be easily changed too.

Fred Dagg

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 20:01:49 +1200, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> exclaimed:

>Fred Dagg wrote:
>
>> IRD don't like you using Excel/Word for invoices, as it means they can
>> be changed once they're issued.
>>
>> If they audit you, they'll tell you to change.
>>
>> Better to spend a couple of hundred on MYOB or something.

>MYOB invoices can be easily changed too.

Not once they're invoiced (unless you talk to the DB directly, which
they assume you don't do). If you create a Purchase Order it can be
modified before it is changed to an invoice, but not after.

If so, they'd be in breach of IRD regulations.

Richard

Fred Dagg wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 15:48:39 +1200, "Caught" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> exclaimed:
>
>> Once a Template for the invoice is established how do you
>>
>> 'program' Excel that every time a new invoice is prodced it will be numbered
>> accordingly.
>>
>> For example 1000 then 1001 then 1002 etc..
>>
>> Many thanks in advance.
>>

> IRD don't like you using Excel/Word for invoices, as it means they can
> be changed once they're issued.
>
> If they audit you, they'll tell you to change.
>
> Better to spend a couple of hundred on MYOB or something.

Thats why you archive the pdf/printed version of them instead.

Any document can be recreated with different values on them.

Fred Dagg

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 19:31:11 +1200, "Caught" <(E-Mail Removed)>
exclaimed:

>"Fred Dagg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 15:48:39 +1200, "Caught" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> exclaimed:
>>
>>>Once a Template for the invoice is established how do you
>>>
>>>'program' Excel that every time a new invoice is prodced it will be
>>>numbered
>>>accordingly.
>>>
>>>For example 1000 then 1001 then 1002 etc..
>>>
>>>Many thanks in advance.
>>>

>> IRD don't like you using Excel/Word for invoices, as it means they can
>> be changed once they're issued.
>>
>> If they audit you, they'll tell you to change.
>>
>> Better to spend a couple of hundred on MYOB or something.

>Thanks for that Fredd.
>
>I can asure you that is not my intent. If you can help it would be greatly
>appreciated.

You could probably either get a macro to do it, or hook it into an
external data source.

The problem is you need to save a state each time.

This isn't really what Excel is designed for.

Mark Robinson

Fred Dagg wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 15:48:39 +1200, "Caught" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> exclaimed:
>
>> Once a Template for the invoice is established how do you
>>
>> 'program' Excel that every time a new invoice is prodced it will be numbered
>> accordingly.
>>
>> For example 1000 then 1001 then 1002 etc..
>>
>> Many thanks in advance.
>>

> IRD don't like you using Excel/Word for invoices, as it means they can
> be changed once they're issued.
>
> If they audit you, they'll tell you to change.
>
> Better to spend a couple of hundred on MYOB or something.

Never mind Fred, He's making things up again.

http://www.ird.govt.nz/gst/records/tax-invoices/

Sorry I can't answer your excel question but at a guess you will want one table
which is a list of the invoices. Perhaps a formula on this table could generate
a new document number which is extracted to each individual invoice file.

In any case, keep a paper copy of both the index and each invoice.

EMB

Fred Dagg wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 20:01:49 +1200, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> exclaimed:
>
>> Fred Dagg wrote:
>>
>>> IRD don't like you using Excel/Word for invoices, as it means they can
>>> be changed once they're issued.
>>>
>>> If they audit you, they'll tell you to change.
>>>
>>> Better to spend a couple of hundred on MYOB or something.

>> MYOB invoices can be easily changed too.

> Not once they're invoiced (unless you talk to the DB directly, which
> they assume you don't do). If you create a Purchase Order it can be
> modified before it is changed to an invoice, but not after.

Well... I've just created an invoice, printed it, changed the date and
the value of a line item and then printed it again in MYOB.

Martin

"Caught" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fab2pv$hkj$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Once a Template for the invoice is established how do you
>
> 'program' Excel that every time a new invoice is prodced it will be
> numbered accordingly.
>
> For example 1000 then 1001 then 1002 etc..
>
> Many thanks in advance.

this looks like what you are after (haven't used it myself) (-;

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/B...e_Manager.html