Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > ?trying to autosync single folder via Mediamonkey to iRiver S10

?trying to autosync single folder via Mediamonkey to iRiver S10

Damos

I have on my pc my music in my music/artist/album/tracks format. I also
have a directory into which my podcasts are placed with Juice client under
my music/podcasts.

I also have music on my S10 which I have selected by hand...as the S10 is
only 2G so I cant mirror my HD music files. (like I do with my H320)

I wish to only autosync /podcasts/ from my HD to my S10 while leaving any
music I have placed by hand on the S10 alone.

I can sync the podcasts by only listing the podcast directory by selecting
only that directory under "autosync only the following". This works well.
Everytime I loadup MM it scans the whole my music tree to id changes to
the library and then when I connect my S10 it updates and adds the new
podcasts successfully.

My problem is that I am unable to delete old podcasts without MM trying to
delete all the music I have placed by hand. If I select "delete tracks
that aren't on the auto synch list from above" it then tries to delete
everything off my S10 other than the new podcasts when I only want it to
delete files in /podcasts directory.

(Trying to avoid using play lists as I like to use to just use a directory
structure)

Thoughts??

D.

--
"It's a foreboding I have - maybe ill placed - of my children's generation
or my grandchildren's generation ... when clutching our horoscopes, our

Carl Sagan.

Damos

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 16:26:57 +1200, Damos <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
(The iRiver S10 has four folders in root with music expected to be in
J/music , video in J:/video, J:/recordings and all the audio is expected
to be within the J:/music tree.)

So I could create a folder J:/music/podcast then another with J:/music/My
music/artists/album then list J:/music/My music/artists/album as the
excpetion folder. This should work but will probably also delete any MP3's
I make off the inbuilt radio, which I can live with as I haven't actually
used this function. (The video and data files will be protected from
deletion as they are not MM files)