Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Sport airplane wins NASA challenge

Sport airplane wins NASA challenge

Greg House

SONOMA, Calif.--NASA awarded $250,000 in prize money this weekend to teams competing to build and
fly a small-seat plane that could one day be a prototype for so-called air cars.

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-975...=2547-1_3-0-20

BrianM

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 19:06:34 +1200, Greg House wrote:

> SONOMA, Calif.--NASA awarded $250,000 in prize money this weekend to teams competing to build and
> fly a small-seat plane that could one day be a prototype for so-called air cars.
>
> http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-975...=2547-1_3-0-20

Do we REALLY need to know this woger?

brianM

bharmer

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:15:16 GMT, BrianM <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 19:06:34 +1200, Greg House wrote:
>

>> SONOMA, Calif.--NASA awarded $250,000 in prize money this weekend to teams competing to build and
>> fly a small-seat plane that could one day be a prototype for so-called air cars.
>>
>> http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-975...=2547-1_3-0-20

>Do we REALLY need to know this woger?

I have some sympathy with the viewpoint Brian, since I used to get
****ed off at my old buddy and sometime workmate Steve Withers for
posting about anything and everything. I was howled down by a loud
minority who argued that if it was of interest ti NZers, it was not
OT.

Well, I lost that fight, and s.c.n-z died as a result of the very same
thing.

But if you are going to criticise Greg/Woger for this, will you also
remonstrate with Tilly who provides us with news that she feels we
really need to know (Arafat/HIV?) or any of the dozen others who
presume that no one else reads the news and that they must provide us
with the public service of posting such things.

Speaking only for myself, the link above was the first such that has
interested me for a while

Enkidu

bharmer wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:15:16 GMT, BrianM <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 19:06:34 +1200, Greg House wrote:
>>

>>> SONOMA, Calif.--NASA awarded $250,000 in prize money this weekend to teams competing to build and
>>> fly a small-seat plane that could one day be a prototype for so-called air cars.
>>>
>>> http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-975...=2547-1_3-0-20

>> Do we REALLY need to know this woger?

> I have some sympathy with the viewpoint Brian, since I used to get
> ****ed off at my old buddy and sometime workmate Steve Withers for
> posting about anything and everything. I was howled down by a loud
> minority who argued that if it was of interest ti NZers, it was not
> OT.
>
> Well, I lost that fight, and s.c.n-z died as a result of the very same
> thing.
>
> But if you are going to criticise Greg/Woger for this, will you also
> remonstrate with Tilly who provides us with news that she feels we
> really need to know (Arafat/HIV?) or any of the dozen others who
> presume that no one else reads the news and that they must provide us
> with the public service of posting such things.
>
> Speaking only for myself, the link above was the first such that has
> interested me for a while

Ah, surely s.c.n-z died not because of local, ex-pat, and other friendly
posters posting random rubbish (which could be annoying, I agree), but
because of myriads of non-NZ posters spamming the s.c hierarchy with
their kilobytes of rants?

Cheers,

Cliff

'hilarious', it usually isn't?

bharmer

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 23:00:50 +1200, Enkidu <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>bharmer wrote:

>>> Do we REALLY need to know this woger?

>> I have some sympathy with the viewpoint Brian, since I used to get
>> ****ed off at my old buddy and sometime workmate Steve Withers for
>> posting about anything and everything. I was howled down by a loud
>> minority who argued that if it was of interest ti NZers, it was not
>> OT.
>>
>> Well, I lost that fight, and s.c.n-z died as a result of the very same
>> thing.
>>
>> But if you are going to criticise Greg/Woger for this, will you also
>> remonstrate with Tilly who provides us with news that she feels we
>> really need to know (Arafat/HIV?) or any of the dozen others who
>> presume that no one else reads the news and that they must provide us
>> with the public service of posting such things.
>>
>> Speaking only for myself, the link above was the first such that has
>> interested me for a while
> >

>Ah, surely s.c.n-z died not because of local, ex-pat, and other friendly
>posters posting random rubbish (which could be annoying, I agree), but
>because of myriads of non-NZ posters spamming the s.c hierarchy with
>their kilobytes of rants?

I think they got the idea becuase the locals put up with any old OT
**** in the group.

JohnO

On Aug 15, 10:17 pm, bharmer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:15:16 GMT, BrianM <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 19:06:34 +1200, Greg House wrote:

> >> SONOMA, Calif.--NASA awarded $250,000 in prize money this weekend to teams competing to build and
> >> fly a small-seat plane that could one day be a prototype for so-called air cars.

> >>http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-975...s&subj=news&ta...

> >Do we REALLY need to know this woger?

> I have some sympathy with the viewpoint Brian, since I used to get
> ****ed off at my old buddy and sometime workmate Steve Withers for
> posting about anything and everything. I was howled down by a loud
> minority who argued that if it was of interest ti NZers, it was not
> OT.
>
> Well, I lost that fight, and s.c.n-z died as a result of the very same
> thing.
>
> But if you are going to criticise Greg/Woger for this, will you also
> remonstrate with Tilly who provides us with news that she feels we
> really need to know (Arafat/HIV?) or any of the dozen others who
> presume that no one else reads the news and that they must provide us
> with the public service of posting such things.
>
> Speaking only for myself, the link above was the first such that has
> interested me for a while

Well, I thought it was OT but interesting, so better than most posts
you see here!

Brian Dooley

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 07:39:23 +1200, bharmer
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 23:00:50 +1200, Enkidu <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>bharmer wrote:

>>> I have some sympathy with the viewpoint Brian, since I used to get
>>> ****ed off at my old buddy and sometime workmate Steve Withers for
>>> posting about anything and everything. I was howled down by a loud
>>> minority who argued that if it was of interest ti NZers, it was not
>>> OT.
>>>
>>> Well, I lost that fight, and s.c.n-z died as a result of the very same
>>> thing.
>>>
>>> But if you are going to criticise Greg/Woger for this, will you also
>>> remonstrate with Tilly who provides us with news that she feels we
>>> really need to know (Arafat/HIV?) or any of the dozen others who
>>> presume that no one else reads the news and that they must provide us
>>> with the public service of posting such things.
>>>
>>> Speaking only for myself, the link above was the first such that has
>>> interested me for a while
>> >

>>Ah, surely s.c.n-z died not because of local, ex-pat, and other friendly
>>posters posting random rubbish (which could be annoying, I agree), but
>>because of myriads of non-NZ posters spamming the s.c hierarchy with
>>their kilobytes of rants?

>I think they got the idea becuase the locals put up with any old OT
>**** in the group.

An all the cross-posting, mainly to/from Oz.
--

Brian Dooley

Wellington New Zealand

Yeah Right

On , , Thu, 16 Aug 2007 07:39:23 +1200, Re: Sport airplane wins
NASA challenge, bharmer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 23:00:50 +1200, Enkidu <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>bharmer wrote:

>>> I have some sympathy with the viewpoint Brian, since I used to get
>>> ****ed off at my old buddy and sometime workmate Steve Withers for
>>> posting about anything and everything. I was howled down by a loud
>>> minority who argued that if it was of interest ti NZers, it was not
>>> OT.
>>>
>>> Well, I lost that fight, and s.c.n-z died as a result of the very same
>>> thing.
>>>
>>> But if you are going to criticise Greg/Woger for this, will you also
>>> remonstrate with Tilly who provides us with news that she feels we
>>> really need to know (Arafat/HIV?) or any of the dozen others who
>>> presume that no one else reads the news and that they must provide us
>>> with the public service of posting such things.
>>>
>>> Speaking only for myself, the link above was the first such that has
>>> interested me for a while
>> >

>>Ah, surely s.c.n-z died not because of local, ex-pat, and other friendly
>>posters posting random rubbish (which could be annoying, I agree), but
>>because of myriads of non-NZ posters spamming the s.c hierarchy with
>>their kilobytes of rants?

>I think they got the idea becuase the locals put up with any old OT
>**** in the group.

Arguing with spammers and sporgers only excites them and they
know there is someone there and they are annoyed. They then try
even harder with their spam.

Jasen Betts

On 2007-08-15, bharmer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:15:16 GMT, BrianM <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>Do we REALLY need to know this woger?

> I have some sympathy with the viewpoint Brian, since I used to get
> ****ed off at my old buddy and sometime workmate Steve Withers for
> posting about anything and everything. I was howled down by a loud
> minority who argued that if it was of interest ti NZers, it was not
> OT.

this crap does not belong in nz.comp

bharmer

On 9 Sep 2007 10:51:42 GMT, Jasen Betts <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 2007-08-15, bharmer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:15:16 GMT, BrianM <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>>Do we REALLY need to know this woger?

>> I have some sympathy with the viewpoint Brian, since I used to get
>> ****ed off at my old buddy and sometime workmate Steve Withers for
>> posting about anything and everything. I was howled down by a loud
>> minority who argued that if it was of interest ti NZers, it was not
>> OT.

>this crap does not belong in nz.comp

slow response time on your system huh?

Sigma wins image quality challenge. Bayer user in disbelief. Georgette Preddy Digital Photography 1 08-07-2004 12:48 PM
Now THIS is a model airplane...... Unk Computer Support 10 08-06-2004 11:18 PM
WINS server not a WINS client Corrado Labinaz MCSE 2 03-07-2004 06:05 PM
Airplane Doug Computer Support 10 11-04-2003 04:29 PM
Java3d Fly Through ( Source code available - free ) Nasa uses Java3d& VRML, Nasa's Fastscipt3d Crashes & Burns P. Flavin Java 0 10-17-2003 01:14 PM

Advertisments