Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > cant unsub from email

cant unsub from email

XPD

I signed up to Cokes newletter thing ages ago and decided today I wanted to
get off their mail list.
Found the info on how to do so, sent the unsubscribe email.... what do I get
in return ?

Unrouteable address

Might be easier for me to put a note in a coke bottle and throw it to the
sea.......

I havent read the NZ anti-spam law thats coming out soon, but in a case like
this (ok, so its most likely a genuine stuff-up) where a site/email offers
an unsubscribe system but it dosent work for anyone at anytime, would that
company fall under the spam law ? Just curious.

XPD

"XPD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:f9ftn9$o09$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I signed up to Cokes newletter thing ages ago and decided today I wanted to
>get off their mail list.
> Found the info on how to do so, sent the unsubscribe email.... what do I
> get in return ?

> (E-Mail Removed)
> Unrouteable address
>

> Might be easier for me to put a note in a coke bottle and throw it to the
> sea.......
>

> I havent read the NZ anti-spam law thats coming out soon, but in a case
> like this (ok, so its most likely a genuine stuff-up) where a site/email
> offers an unsubscribe system but it dosent work for anyone at anytime,
> would that company fall under the spam law ? Just curious.

Ive also just found that cokelounge.co.nz isnt even registered yet theyre
sending emails from it with obviously no hope of ever replying to them

Roger Dewhurst

"XPD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:f9ftr7$oe1$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "XPD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:f9ftn9$o09$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I signed up to Cokes newletter thing ages ago and decided today I wanted
>>to get off their mail list.
>> Found the info on how to do so, sent the unsubscribe email.... what do I
>> get in return ?
>>
>> A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
>> recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

Just use 'block sender' to be found in 'Message' options.

Shane

XPD wrote:

> Ive also just found that cokelounge.co.nz isnt even registered yet theyre
> sending emails from it with obviously no hope of ever replying to them

Give a copy (including all headers) to Craigs site http://www.spam.co.nz
And, do a whois on the Originating IP, see if any helpful information pops
up

--
Q: Why do mathematicians often confuse Christmas and Halloween?
A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25.

Enkidu

XPD wrote:
> "XPD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:f9ftn9$o09$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I signed up to Cokes newletter thing ages ago and decided today I wanted to
>> get off their mail list.
>> Found the info on how to do so, sent the unsubscribe email.... what do I
>> get in return ?
>>
>> A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
>> recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:
>>
>> (E-Mail Removed)
>> Unrouteable address
>>

>> Might be easier for me to put a note in a coke bottle and throw it to the
>> sea.......
>>

>> I havent read the NZ anti-spam law thats coming out soon, but in a case
>> like this (ok, so its most likely a genuine stuff-up) where a site/email
>> offers an unsubscribe system but it dosent work for anyone at anytime,
>> would that company fall under the spam law ? Just curious.
>>

> Ive also just found that cokelounge.co.nz isnt even registered yet theyre
> sending emails from it with obviously no hope of ever replying to them

Send them an email about it.

Or grab the Domain Name and squat on it.

Cheers,

Cliff

'hilarious', it usually isn't?

XPD

"Enkidu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:46bb83d2$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Ive also just found that cokelounge.co.nz isnt even registered yet theyre
>> sending emails from it with obviously no hope of ever replying to them
>>

> Send them an email about it.
>
> Or grab the Domain Name and squat on it.

Done 1 and considering 2

Enkidu

XPD wrote:
> "Enkidu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:46bb83d2$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Ive also just found that cokelounge.co.nz isnt even registered yet theyre
>>> sending emails from it with obviously no hope of ever replying to them
>>>

>> Send them an email about it.
>>
>> Or grab the Domain Name and squat on it.

> Done 1 and considering 2

1 was a joke, 2 was not serious . Though I did go and check!

Cheers,

Cliff

'hilarious', it usually isn't?

Allistar

Roger Dewhurst wrote:

> "XPD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:f9ftr7$oe1$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "XPD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:f9ftn9$o09$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I signed up to Cokes newletter thing ages ago and decided today I wanted
>>>to get off their mail list.
>>> Found the info on how to do so, sent the unsubscribe email.... what do I
>>> get in return ?
>>>
>>> A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
>>> recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:
>>>

> Just use 'block sender' to be found in 'Message' options.

What software is that in?

Allistar.

none

Roger Dewhurst wrote:
> Just use 'block sender' to be found in 'Message' options.

LOL!!!

Because the whole world uses Outlook Express.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <f9ftr7$oe1$(E-Mail Removed)>, XPD wrote:

> Ive also just found that cokelounge.co.nz isnt even registered yet theyre
> sending emails from it with obviously no hope of ever replying to them

Can you post the headers for one such message? That will give us a clue as
to where they're really coming from.

why cant i send email messages from this email Billie Jo Ames Computer Support 8 06-30-2005 12:24 PM
man i cant belive i cant get help please unclejesse01 DVD Video 2 04-14-2005 03:15 PM
unsub Derek Lewis Ruby 0 08-12-2004 08:49 PM
cant send or receive email Computer Support 0 07-24-2003 08:41 PM

Advertisments