Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: Session vars

Re: Session vars

Justin SB

Scott,

The company I work for, Consonica, produces a solution called StateStitch
that is what you are looking for. StateStitch allows ASP and ASP.NET to
share session variables. It is designed to allow the page by page migration
you describe. As you've found, without StateStitch if you've used Sessions
you would need to rewrite your entire ASP application in 'one big step' to
move to ASP.NET.

More information is available here:
http://www.consonica.com/solutions/d...tch/index.html

If you would like a two-week evaluation copy, please send me an email.

Justin Santa Barbara
Consonica Ltd.

"Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0b7d01c33b12$00c163f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> We are in the process of migrating an old IIS/ASP
> application to ASP.NET. Our approach is to migrate page
> by page. One of the things i have found with .NET is that
> the session vars are in a different memory location than
> the session vars in old asp. Is there any easy way to
> transfer a session variable from asp to asp.net?
>
> thanks

Use self.vars in class.method(parameters, self.vars) caccolangrifata Python 18 07-22-2011 10:22 PM
How do I declare global vars or class vars in Python ? Linuxguy123 Python 7 02-20-2009 06:45 PM
app vars and cache vars Jon ASP .Net 3 12-14-2004 08:52 PM
Re: Session vars hbmb@charter.net ASP .Net 0 06-25-2003 06:54 PM
Re: Session vars Natty Gur ASP .Net 0 06-25-2003 02:59 PM

Advertisments