Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Alternative teletest programmes for TView99 (bt878)?

Alternative teletest programmes for TView99 (bt878)?

Nighthawk

Recently I found that my Cebra teletext programme no longer starts,
(since I changed my mobo), with an error message 'CTserver unable to
start', or words to that effect. Uninstalling and reinstalling makes
no difference. The Cebra site does not seem to have any teletext
programmes for download (I am sure that I have downloaded one from
the Net in the past). Are there any alternative teletext programmes
that might work?

The TV card itself works fine, just the teletext programme that won't.

Perhaps the days for this analogue card are limited anyway. Maybe I
should consider a digital card, but I might wait until I build a new
PC with XP installed.

SteveM

Nighthawk <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Recently I found that my Cebra teletext programme no longer starts,
> (since I changed my mobo), with an error message 'CTserver unable to
> start', or words to that effect. Uninstalling and reinstalling makes
> no difference. The Cebra site does not seem to have any teletext
> programmes for download (I am sure that I have downloaded one from
> the Net in the past). Are there any alternative teletext programmes
> that might work?
>
> The TV card itself works fine, just the teletext programme that won't.
>
> Perhaps the days for this analogue card are limited anyway. Maybe I
> should consider a digital card, but I might wait until I build a new
> PC with XP installed.

Dscaler http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/downloads.htm

Full-on TV tuner software with very good Teletext functionality.

SteveM

Richard

SteveM wrote:

>> Perhaps the days for this analogue card are limited anyway. Maybe I
>> should consider a digital card, but I might wait until I build a new
>> PC with XP installed.
>>

> Dscaler http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/downloads.htm
>
> Full-on TV tuner software with very good Teletext functionality.

dscaler gave me lots of errors in the text when I tried it, whereas the
supplied software was largely error free.

Nighthawk

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 05:44:25 +0000 (UTC), SteveM <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Nighthawk <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> Recently I found that my Cebra teletext programme no longer starts,
>> (since I changed my mobo), with an error message 'CTserver unable to
>> start', or words to that effect. Uninstalling and reinstalling makes
>> no difference. The Cebra site does not seem to have any teletext
>> programmes for download (I am sure that I have downloaded one from
>> the Net in the past). Are there any alternative teletext programmes
>> that might work?
>>
>> The TV card itself works fine, just the teletext programme that won't.
>>
>> Perhaps the days for this analogue card are limited anyway. Maybe I
>> should consider a digital card, but I might wait until I build a new
>> PC with XP installed.
>>

>Dscaler http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/downloads.htm
>
>Full-on TV tuner software with very good Teletext functionality.
>
>SteveM

Well, blow me down, I have that installed and didn't realise it had
teletext included, just press 'T'. It works fine, including scaling
up to fullscreen, but, I can't see how to do a screen capture or text
capture which I could do with the original software. I just get a
green screen.

Perhaps if I untick Teletext from the dropdown menu maybe the original
might work again. Will reinstall it later to try.

Thanks

Nighthawk

On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 22:56:07 +1200, Nighthawk <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 05:44:25 +0000 (UTC), SteveM <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>Nighthawk <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>news:(E-Mail Removed) m:
>>
>>> Recently I found that my Cebra teletext programme no longer starts,
>>> (since I changed my mobo), with an error message 'CTserver unable to
>>> start', or words to that effect. Uninstalling and reinstalling makes
>>> no difference. The Cebra site does not seem to have any teletext
>>> programmes for download (I am sure that I have downloaded one from
>>> the Net in the past). Are there any alternative teletext programmes
>>> that might work?
>>>
>>> The TV card itself works fine, just the teletext programme that won't.
>>>
>>> Perhaps the days for this analogue card are limited anyway. Maybe I
>>> should consider a digital card, but I might wait until I build a new
>>> PC with XP installed.
>>>

>>Dscaler http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/downloads.htm
>>
>>Full-on TV tuner software with very good Teletext functionality.
>>
>>SteveM

>Well, blow me down, I have that installed and didn't realise it had
>teletext included, just press 'T'. It works fine, including scaling
>up to fullscreen, but, I can't see how to do a screen capture or text
>capture which I could do with the original software. I just get a
>green screen.

The usual 'L' button for screen capture doesn't work with Teletext but
I found that Grabber2K that I have installed will capture the telext
whether fullscreen or windowed, but I still can't copy the text.