Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Canon Printers

Canon Printers

Sir to you

My 15 month old Canon printer (cost 450 bucks) is failing and is
outside it's 12mth guarantee.

I guess I'll have to try and use the CGA to get them to fix it. A high
quality printer should last longer than 15 mths I think.

My problem is these stupid microchips they build into inktanks. The
printer is having problems reading the data from the inktanks chip and
won't print because it thinks the wrong cartridge is installed (all
genuine canon).

I like the old days, when inktanks had no built-in chips.

Greg House

On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 20:34:34 -0700, Sir to you <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>My 15 month old Canon printer (cost 450 bucks) is failing and is
>outside it's 12mth guarantee.
>
>I guess I'll have to try and use the CGA to get them to fix it. A high
>quality printer should last longer than 15 mths I think.
>
>My problem is these stupid microchips they build into inktanks. The
>printer is having problems reading the data from the inktanks chip and
>won't print because it thinks the wrong cartridge is installed (all
>genuine canon).
>
>I like the old days, when inktanks had no built-in chips.

Just clean the contacts..

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <(E-Mail Removed). com>, Sir to
you wrote:

> I like the old days, when inktanks had no built-in chips.

Yes, but in those days the printers cost more, because they couldn't make so
much money from the ink. When offered a choice between cheaper printers and
more expensive ones, guess which way the market went?

Mutlley

Greg House <(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 20:34:34 -0700, Sir to you <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>My 15 month old Canon printer (cost 450 bucks) is failing and is
>>outside it's 12mth guarantee.
>>
>>I guess I'll have to try and use the CGA to get them to fix it. A high
>>quality printer should last longer than 15 mths I think.
>>
>>My problem is these stupid microchips they build into inktanks. The
>>printer is having problems reading the data from the inktanks chip and
>>won't print because it thinks the wrong cartridge is installed (all
>>genuine canon).
>>
>>I like the old days, when inktanks had no built-in chips.

>Just clean the contacts..

Good luck with the CGA. I wonder how many people have tested this
comeback..

Sir to you

On Aug 7, 8:37 am, Mutlley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Greg House <(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>

> >On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 20:34:34 -0700, Sir to you <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >>My 15 month old Canon printer (cost 450 bucks) is failing and is
> >>outside it's 12mth guarantee.

> >>I guess I'll have to try and use the CGA to get them to fix it. A high
> >>quality printer should last longer than 15 mths I think.

> >>My problem is these stupid microchips they build into inktanks. The
> >>printer is having problems reading the data from the inktanks chip and
> >>won't print because it thinks the wrong cartridge is installed (all
> >>genuine canon).

> >>I like the old days, when inktanks had no built-in chips.

> >Just clean the contacts..

> Good luck with the CGA. I wonder how many people have tested this
> comeback..- Hide quoted text -

Spoke to Canon, they recommended trying some things. They do have very
good tech support.