Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Latest Computer Game Has Players Battling An Oppressive NZ Labour Government... or something very very close to it ;-)

Latest Computer Game Has Players Battling An Oppressive NZ Labour Government... or something very very close to it ;-)

E. Scrooge

From the creators of DOOM.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4153913a28.html

I guess people will know for sure if the game voices sound very much like
Helen Clark, David Benson-Pope (a very real possiblity), Cullen, Mallard,
King, and a few other Labour MP clowns.

E. Scrooge

bluebaiter@gmail.com

On Aug 5, 7:15 pm, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote:
> From the creators of DOOM.
>
> http://www.stuff.co.nz/4153913a28.html
>
> I guess people will know for sure if the game voices sound very much like
> Helen Clark, David Benson-Pope (a very real possiblity), Cullen, Mallard,
> King, and a few other Labour MP clowns.
>
> E. Scrooge

nah: that's just not particularly clever.

bah humbug. you try-hard.

Katipo

> From the creators of DOOM.
>
> http://www.stuff.co.nz/4153913a28.html
>
> I guess people will know for sure if the game voices sound very much like
> Helen Clark, David Benson-Pope (a very real possiblity), Cullen, Mallard,
> King, and a few other Labour MP clowns.
>
> E. Scrooge

Apparently the game's creators spent several months in New Zealand studying
how oppresive governments operate!

Mickey Mouse

> From the creators of DOOM.
>
> http://www.stuff.co.nz/4153913a28.html
>
> I guess people will know for sure if the game voices sound very much like
> Helen Clark, David Benson-Pope (a very real possiblity), Cullen, Mallard,
> King, and a few other Labour MP clowns.

Sure you don't mean this one?

"An online game in China that allows players to deal to corrupt officials
has proved so popular its website has crashed. Since its launch eight days
ago, Incorruptible Fighter has been downloaded more than 100,000 times.
Devised by a regional government in east China to highlight the problems of
corrupt officialdom, it allows players to kill and torture bent bureaucrats,
while assisting the upstanding ones. Along the way, they are led through a
series of moral challenges before entering a corruption-free paradise."
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/column/sto...ectid=10455947