Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Microwave a DVD

Microwave a DVD

Nighthawk

Check out the YouTube video on http://www.k-probe.com/

peterwn

Nighthawk wrote:
> Check out the YouTube video on http://www.k-probe.com/

I once had a heap of 3.5 floppies I wanted to obliterate. I baked them
in the oven then threw them out.

I still have not figured a way of easily obliterating CD's and DVD's to
defy moderate forensic reading.

BTMO

"peterwn" <> wrote

> I once had a heap of 3.5 floppies I wanted to obliterate. I baked them in
> the oven then threw them out.
>
> I still have not figured a way of easily obliterating CD's and DVD's to
> defy moderate forensic reading.

I assume you don't have a fireplace...

Patrick FitzGerald

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 07:32:43 +1200, peterwn <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I still have not figured a way of easily obliterating CD's and DVD's to
>defy moderate forensic reading.

Stick them in a bag and bang them with a hammer

Patrick

peterwn

BTMO wrote:
> "peterwn" <> wrote
>
>> I once had a heap of 3.5 floppies I wanted to obliterate. I baked them in
>> the oven then threw them out.
>>
>> I still have not figured a way of easily obliterating CD's and DVD's to
>> defy moderate forensic reading.

> I assume you don't have a fireplace...

That is right. But I would still be worried about toxic combustion
products and residue.

Nik Coughlin

peterwn wrote:
> Nighthawk wrote:
>> Check out the YouTube video on http://www.k-probe.com/
>>

> I once had a heap of 3.5 floppies I wanted to obliterate. I baked
> them in the oven then threw them out.
>
> I still have not figured a way of easily obliterating CD's and DVD's
> to defy moderate forensic reading.

Microwave then a heavy pair of scissors.

XPD

"peterwn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:46ae3ccf$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nighthawk wrote:
>> Check out the YouTube video on http://www.k-probe.com/
>>

> I once had a heap of 3.5 floppies I wanted to obliterate. I baked them in
> the oven then threw them out.
>
> I still have not figured a way of easily obliterating CD's and DVD's to
> defy moderate forensic reading.

Give them to a 1 year old.

Stuart

"peterwn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:46ae3ccf$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nighthawk wrote:
>> Check out the YouTube video on http://www.k-probe.com/
>>

> I once had a heap of 3.5 floppies I wanted to obliterate. I baked them in
> the oven then threw them out.
>
> I still have not figured a way of easily obliterating CD's and DVD's to
> defy moderate forensic reading.

My shredder does a good job on CD's, DVD's and floppy's as well as old tax
returns <g>

Shane

peterwn wrote:

> Nighthawk wrote:
>> Check out the YouTube video on http://www.k-probe.com/
>>

> I once had a heap of 3.5 floppies I wanted to obliterate. I baked them
> in the oven then threw them out.
>
> I still have not figured a way of easily obliterating CD's and DVD's to
> defy moderate forensic reading.

I find if I tell the family/pets that the media has something important on
it(eg. a semesters worth of assignments) then thats enough to ensure it
will be destroyed permanently.
--
Q: Who knows everything there is to be known about vector analysis?
A: The Oracle of del phi!

TT

"Nighthawk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
:
: Check out the YouTube video on http://www.k-probe.com/
:
I always thought Princo did that all by themselves

Cheers TT