Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Updating Maps on Garmin Streetpilot

Updating Maps on Garmin Streetpilot

Yeah Right

Can anyone tell me how to update maps on the Garmin Streetpilot?
With increased subdevelopments a lot of the maps for various
areas are out of date.
As far as I know it has the SD card which came with it.
The maps on SD cards at Dick Smith are outrageously priced.

Sir to you

On Jul 30, 9:58 am, Yeah Right <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how to update maps on the Garmin Streetpilot?
> With increased subdevelopments a lot of the maps for various
> areas are out of date.
> As far as I know it has the SD card which came with it.
> The maps on SD cards at Dick Smith are outrageously priced.

Easiest way is to PAY!

The mapping data is very expensive - and will sometimes cost more than
the unit itself.

Southern Kiwi

Yeah Right wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how to update maps on the Garmin Streetpilot?
> With increased subdevelopments a lot of the maps for various
> areas are out of date.
> As far as I know it has the SD card which came with it.
> The maps on SD cards at Dick Smith are outrageously priced.

Ahhhhh! so you have found yourself on the hook............

I have a navman and have learn t I'm on the $$ treadmill as well, if I
want to keep current I have to pay..., it seems to take about 2 years
for me to get sufficiently annoyed to buy the new maps.

--
Cheers
Southern Kiwi

MSN maps vs. Google maps Ralph Fox NZ Computing 0 07-30-2007 10:30 AM
Garmin i3 maps Cub Computer Support 0 01-04-2006 07:46 PM
STL: Map of maps possible, but no multi-map of maps? Workarounds? Marcus C++ 2 12-09-2005 06:34 AM
std::maps within std::maps -- optimisation Simon Elliott C++ 4 03-10-2005 10:11 AM
garmin maps used for magellan devices? psion Computer Support 0 10-14-2004 06:10 PM

Advertisments