Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Vista finally got me

Vista finally got me

collector«NZ

My original install was getting a bit untidy with all the fiddling I had
been doing finding out about VISTA Ultimate, so I decided to do a re
install!

Now that was no great effort, but before the re install I was
successfully using Picasa and Google earth to GeoTag photos, after the
re install and installing the latest copies of both programs GeoTag just
refuses to work.

Suspect it is only some security setting getting in the way but it is a
nuisance.

collector«NZ

collector«NZ wrote:
> My original install was getting a bit untidy with all the fiddling I had
> been doing finding out about VISTA Ultimate, so I decided to do a re
> install!
>
> Now that was no great effort, but before the re install I was
> successfully using Picasa and Google earth to GeoTag photos, after the
> re install and installing the latest copies of both programs GeoTag just
> refuses to work.
>
> Suspect it is only some security setting getting in the way but it is a
> nuisance.

BTW my cure, let it be and utilize the old win2k box which I semiretired
when I got the Dual Core 6400 for Vista ultimate. Same solution I choose
for my DivX Pro converter which doesn't work in Vista. No biggie to wait
for the solution to come along

Mickey Mouse

"collector«NZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:46ac1f6d$(E-Mail Removed)...

> re install and installing the latest copies of both programs GeoTag just
> refuses to work.

Some suggestions are made about reverting to an earlier version (like 2.5
[32.95 or 32.97]).

Alternatively, if you want to test something if you think it may be security
related... Try right clicking on the app and choose "Run as Administrator"
(assuming you haven't already disabled UAC).

EMB

Mickey Mouse wrote:
> "collector«NZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:46ac1f6d$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> re install and installing the latest copies of both programs GeoTag
>> just refuses to work.

> Some suggestions are made about reverting to an earlier version (like
> 2.5 [32.95 or 32.97]).
>
> Alternatively, if you want to test something if you think it may be
> security related... Try right clicking on the app and choose "Run as
> Administrator" (assuming you haven't already disabled UAC).

I'd be fairly certain he has killed off UAC - it's a neat idea that
really ****es both Collector and I off.

Mickey Mouse

"EMB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:46ac59c4$(E-Mail Removed)...

> I'd be fairly certain he has killed off UAC - it's a neat idea that
> really ****es both Collector and I off.

I liken it to training wheels.

EMB

Mickey Mouse wrote:
> "EMB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:46ac59c4$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> I'd be fairly certain he has killed off UAC - it's a neat idea that
>> really ****es both Collector and I off.

> I liken it to training wheels.

I think of it as (l)user-proofing.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <46ac1f6d$(E-Mail Removed)>, collector«NZ wrote:

> My original install was getting a bit untidy with all the fiddling I had
> been doing finding out about VISTA Ultimate, so I decided to do a re
> install!
>
> Now that was no great effort, but before the re install I was
> successfully using Picasa and Google earth to GeoTag photos, after the
> re install and installing the latest copies of both programs GeoTag just
> refuses to work.

Nonsense. You can't possibly be having any problems with Vista. Everybody
knows it works perfectly. PERFECTLY, you hear me?

collector«NZ

Mickey Mouse wrote:
> "EMB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:46ac59c4$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> I'd be fairly certain he has killed off UAC - it's a neat idea that
>> really ****es both Collector and I off.

> I liken it to training wheels.

I liken it to Bondage

collector«NZ

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> In message <46ac1f6d$(E-Mail Removed)>, collector«NZ wrote:
>
>> My original install was getting a bit untidy with all the fiddling I had
>> been doing finding out about VISTA Ultimate, so I decided to do a re
>> install!
>>
>> Now that was no great effort, but before the re install I was
>> successfully using Picasa and Google earth to GeoTag photos, after the
>> re install and installing the latest copies of both programs GeoTag just
>> refuses to work.

> Nonsense. You can't possibly be having any problems with Vista. Everybody
> knows it works perfectly. PERFECTLY, you hear me?

Of course master (wiping snotty nose on sleeve) your so right master (in
a sub servant squeakie voice) I will go immediately and give myself
forty lashes for my sins (with a bloody big grin on face)

collector«NZ

Mickey Mouse wrote:
> "collector«NZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:46ac1f6d$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> re install and installing the latest copies of both programs GeoTag
>> just refuses to work.

> Some suggestions are made about reverting to an earlier version (like
> 2.5 [32.95 or 32.97]).
>
> Alternatively, if you want to test something if you think it may be
> security related... Try right clicking on the app and choose "Run as
> Administrator" (assuming you haven't already disabled UAC).

Difficulty is even Run as Administrator has limitations on it