Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Are Quay computers in wellington still any good?

Are Quay computers in wellington still any good?

ofn01

Looking to get a new PC in the next few months (quite a powerful one).

Haven't started reading up on the latest hardware, but are Quay Computers
still good? They were when I used them a few years ago?

What other good computer builders are there in Wellington? (taking into
account after sales support)

Rob

"ofn01" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Looking to get a new PC in the next few months (quite a powerful one).
>
> Haven't started reading up on the latest hardware, but are Quay Computers
> still good? They were when I used them a few years ago?
>
> What other good computer builders are there in Wellington? (taking into
> account after sales support)

I thought they had closed down, as their lower hutt store isn't their
anymore.

Kent Smith

Rob wrote:
> "ofn01" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Looking to get a new PC in the next few months (quite a powerful
>> one). Haven't started reading up on the latest hardware, but are Quay
>> Computers still good? They were when I used them a few years ago?
>>
>> What other good computer builders are there in Wellington? (taking
>> into account after sales support)
>>

> I thought they had closed down, as their lower hutt store isn't their
> anymore.

No, they just down lambton quay a bit more - across road from occidental
bar.

-KENT

neutrino

On Jul 19, 8:56 pm, "Kent Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Rob wrote:
> > "ofn01" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >> Looking to get a new PC in the next few months (quite a powerful
> >> one). Haven't started reading up on the latest hardware, but are Quay
> >> Computers still good? They were when I used them a few years ago?

> >> What other good computer builders are there in Wellington? (taking
> >> into account after sales support)

Try www.atech.co.nz - there in umm... lemme think now - opposite and
down a bit from New World up toward Oriental bay.. just slips my mind
the street name!
but if it really doesnt HAVE to be Wellington - I'd also recommend
www.pcsale.co.nz .. their up in Auckland, but have some good
prices!! neighbor recently got one from them, deleivery from order
arrived withing a few days, think it was 3 !

jerry3890@gmail.com

On Jul 19, 7:47 am, "ofn01" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Looking to get a new PC in the next few months (quite a powerful one).
>
> Haven't started reading up on the latest hardware, but are Quay Computers
> still good? They were when I used them a few years ago?
>
> What other good computer builders are there in Wellington? (taking into
> account after sales support)

You might look at PB Technology on Vivian street. They will put
together a computer, and support is good

Rob.S.

neutrino wrote:
> On Jul 19, 8:56 pm, "Kent Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>> Rob wrote:
>>> "ofn01" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Try www.atech.co.nz - there in umm... lemme think now - opposite and
> down a bit from New World up toward Oriental bay.. just slips my mind
> the street name!
> but if it really doesnt HAVE to be Wellington - I'd also recommend
> www.pcsale.co.nz .. their up in Auckland, but have some good
> prices!! neighbor recently got one from them, deleivery from order
> arrived withing a few days, think it was 3 !

Atech are in Wakefield St, opposite New World between Blair & Allen St.

I've dealt with Atech since the mid 90s, but haven't been near them
(except to buy an lcd monitor last year) for 5 years. Their service used
to be very good and I've recommended them in the past with no backlash.

Rob S