Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Boa constructor debugging - exec some code at breakpoint?

Boa constructor debugging - exec some code at breakpoint?

Joel

Hey there..
I'm using boa constructor to debug a python application. For my
application, I need to insert break points and execute some piece of
code interactively through shell or someother window when the
breakpoint has been reached. Unfortunately the shell I think is a
seperate process so whatever variables are set while executing in
debugger dont appear in the shell when I try to print using print
statement.

Can anyone tell me how can I do this?

Really appreciate any support, Thanks

Joel
P.S. Please CC a copy of reply to my email ID if possible.

Joel

Can you please tell me how this can be done..
are there any other IDEs for the same purpose if Boa can't do it?

Joel

On Jan 6, 11:01*am, Joel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hey there..
> I'm using boa constructor to debug a python application. For my
> application, I need to insert break points and execute some piece of
> code interactively through shell or someother window when the
> breakpoint has been reached. Unfortunately the shell I think is a
> seperate process so whatever variables are set while executing in
> debugger dont appear in the shell when I try to print using print
> statement.
>
> Can anyone tell me how can I do this?
>
> Really appreciate any support, Thanks
>
> Joel
> P.S. Please CC a copy of reply to my email ID if possible.

Mike Driscoll

On Jan 22, 1:23 am, Joel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Can you please tell me how this can be done..
> are there any other IDEs for the same purpose if Boa can't do it?
>
> Joel
>
> On Jan 6, 11:01 am, Joel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hey there..
> > I'm using boa constructor to debug a python application. For my
> > application, I need to insert break points and execute some piece of
> > code interactively through shell or someother window when the
> > breakpoint has been reached. Unfortunately the shell I think is a
> > seperate process so whatever variables are set while executing in
> > debugger dont appear in the shell when I try to print using print
> > statement.

> > Can anyone tell me how can I do this?

> > Really appreciate any support, Thanks

> > Joel
> > P.S. Please CC a copy of reply to my email ID if possible.

IDLE does breakpoints...you might fine the ActiveState distro more to
your liking too. It's a little bit more fleshed out as an IDE than
IDLE is. Or you could go full blown and use Eclipse with the Python
plug-in.

Mike