Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > An excell question

An excell question

Robin Halligan

Hi I have a small prob and knowing the wealth of knowledge in here i
figured i would ask if anyone can help

I have a small spreadsheet i need to keep to track completed jobs,
Basicly
job no, part no, qty required, qty made, difference, reason

All very easy and simple but i was wondering if i can add a if statement to
the difference cell (c2-d2) to make the line (or cell) turn red if short of
the qty required (and maybe another colour if over) now i can do this
manually but i like to explore what can be done can anyone point me in the
correct direction.

Thanks for your time

--
Red Dwarf Balance of Power
In the 3 million years we've been away, it is my fond hope that mankind has

El Chippy

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 20:42:05 +1200, Robin Halligan wrote:

> Hi I have a small prob and knowing the wealth of knowledge in here i
> figured i would ask if anyone can help
>
> I have a small spreadsheet i need to keep to track completed jobs,
> Basicly
> job no, part no, qty required, qty made, difference, reason
>
> All very easy and simple but i was wondering if i can add a if statement
> to the difference cell (c2-d2) to make the line (or cell) turn red if
> short of the qty required (and maybe another colour if over) now i can
> do this manually but i like to explore what can be done can anyone point
> me in the correct direction.
>
> Thanks for your time

In the help box type "conditional formatting"

or look for conditional formatting in the format menu (in Office XP,might
have moved in newer versions)

Robin Halligan

On 20 Jun 2007 20:49:13 +1200, El Chippy wrote:

> In the help box type "conditional formatting"
> or look for conditional formatting in the format menu (in Office XP,might
> have moved in newer versions)

Ok thanks for that i knew it had to be somewhare but i was looking under
the wrong name.

--
The ability of skinny old ladies to carry huge loads is phenomenal.
Studies have shown that an ant can carry one hundred times its own weight,