Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Freeware PIM?

Freeware PIM?

~misfit~

At least I think that's what you call them. I just want something to keep
track of family birthdays, maybe pop up a 'warning' a week or so in advance.
It's a PITA to keep track of them the way I currently do.

Running XP Pro SP2.

Any suggestions appreciated.

TYVM,
--
Shaun.

Sharktcwnwap

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> At least I think that's what you call them. I just want something to keep
> track of family birthdays, maybe pop up a 'warning' a week or so in
> advance. It's a PITA to keep track of them the way I currently do.
>
> Running XP Pro SP2.
>
> Any suggestions appreciated.

I use Google calendar but apparently Evolution is now available for windows.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Interne...-Windows.shtml

--
Sharktcwnwap

sam

~misfit~ wrote:
> At least I think that's what you call them. I just want something to keep
> track of family birthdays, maybe pop up a 'warning' a week or so in advance.
> It's a PITA to keep track of them the way I currently do.
>
> Running XP Pro SP2.
>
> Any suggestions appreciated.
>
> TYVM,

Thunderbird mail with the Lightning calendar extension
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/lightning/

It also integrates with google calendar, which is another option if you
are always online

Or Sunbird if you want standalone
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird/

~misfit~

sam wrote:
> ~misfit~ wrote:
> > At least I think that's what you call them. I just want something
> > to keep track of family birthdays, maybe pop up a 'warning' a week
> > or so in advance. It's a PITA to keep track of them the way I
> > currently do. Running XP Pro SP2.
> >
> > Any suggestions appreciated.
> >
> > TYVM,

> Thunderbird mail with the Lightning calendar extension
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/lightning/
>
> It also integrates with google calendar, which is another option if
> you are always online
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/4631
>
> Or Sunbird if you want standalone
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird/

Thank you sam, very much appreciated.
--
Shaun.

~misfit~

Sharktcwnwap wrote:
> "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > At least I think that's what you call them. I just want something
> > to keep track of family birthdays, maybe pop up a 'warning' a week
> > or so in advance. It's a PITA to keep track of them the way I
> > currently do. Running XP Pro SP2.
> >
> > Any suggestions appreciated.

> I use Google calendar but apparently Evolution is now available for
> windows.
> http://www.softpedia.com/get/Interne...-Windows.shtml

Cheers Shark. I tried to d/l Evo when it was first released but the servers
were overloaded. Thuinking about it, I'm happy with FF so I won't bother at
this stage. At least let them get the bugs out first.

Google Calendar could be a go though, although (when I'm sufficiently
medicated) I can envision a distant future when all of mankind bow down
before the Google God-head and are enslaved by it.

Mucho gracias,
--
Shaun. (Damn English dictionary won't spellcheck my attempt at spelling a
Spanish thank you. You'd think they'd be *some* cross-over with common

Sharktcwnwap

news:46775465$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sharktcwnwap wrote:
>> "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > At least I think that's what you call them. I just want something
>> > to keep track of family birthdays, maybe pop up a 'warning' a week
>> > or so in advance. It's a PITA to keep track of them the way I
>> > currently do. Running XP Pro SP2.
>> >
>> > Any suggestions appreciated.

>> I use Google calendar but apparently Evolution is now available for
>> windows.
>> http://www.softpedia.com/get/Interne...-Windows.shtml

> Cheers Shark.

No wuckers

I tried to d/l Evo when it was first released but the servers
> were overloaded. Thuinking about it, I'm happy with FF so I won't bother
> at this stage. At least let them get the bugs out first.
>
> Google Calendar could be a go though, although (when I'm sufficiently
> medicated) I can envision a distant future when all of mankind bow down
> before the Google God-head and are enslaved by it.

With the gmail drive option now http://tinyurl.com/4yg48 I have my docs,
mail and calendar up there.

> Mucho gracias,
> --
> Shaun. (Damn English dictionary won't spellcheck my attempt at spelling a
> Spanish thank you. You'd think they'd be *some* cross-over with common
> foreign phrases)

It's a conspiracy.

--
Sharktcwnwap

none

~misfit~ wrote:
> Sharktcwnwap wrote:
>> I use Google calendar but apparently Evolution is now available for
>> windows.
>> http://www.softpedia.com/get/Interne...-Windows.shtml

> Cheers Shark. I tried to d/l Evo when it was first released but the servers
> were overloaded. Thuinking about it, I'm happy with FF so I won't bother at
> this stage. At least let them get the bugs out first.

FF = Firefox = Browser

Evo = Evolution = Mail Client

o_0

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <46775465$(E-Mail Removed)>, ~misfit~ wrote:

> Mucho gracias,
> --
> Shaun. (Damn English dictionary won't spellcheck my attempt at spelling a
> Spanish thank you. You'd think they'd be *some* cross-over with common
> foreign phrases)

For some reason I keep thinking the phrase should be "muchas gracias",
not "mucho gracias"?

Gordon

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:18:49 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:

> At least I think that's what you call them. I just want something to
> keep track of family birthdays, maybe pop up a 'warning' a week or so in
> advance. It's a PITA to keep track of them the way I currently do.

Since you use Fire Fox, the reminder extension for it might work for you.

~misfit~

Gordon wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:18:49 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:
>
> > At least I think that's what you call them. I just want something to
> > keep track of family birthdays, maybe pop up a 'warning' a week or
> > so in advance. It's a PITA to keep track of them the way I
> > currently do.
> >

> Since you use Fire Fox, the reminder extension for it might work for
> you.

I shall look into it. Thank you.
--
Shaun.