Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > ACC Name..

ACC Name..

jack

Struck a resent problem that I have never come across before

A seller on TradeMe almost refused to give me his ACC Name so that I could transfer money to his
account..

Every transaction in the Past, TradeMe and Mail Order, I have always used a Acc name, to me this
is a way to confirm that you have given the correct acc number.

Richard

jack wrote:

> Struck a resent problem that I have never come across before
>
> A seller on TradeMe almost refused to give me his ACC Name so that I could transfer money to his
> account..
>

> Every transaction in the Past, TradeMe and Mail Order, I have always used a Acc name, to me this
> is a way to confirm that you have given the correct acc number.

Never needed it myself.

The most annoying thing is that you have to paste the account number
into several fields on the ASB and Bank Direct internet banking, so its
a real pain when people put it all as one long number.

Matty F

On Jun 18, 12:37 pm, jack <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Struck a resent problem that I have never come across before
>
> A seller on TradeMe almost refused to give me his ACC Name so that I could transfer money to his
> account..
>
> Every transaction in the Past, TradeMe and Mail Order, I have always used a Acc name, to me this
> is a way to confirm that you have given the correct acc number.

What is an "Acc name"? Is it perhaps the account name? In which case
how does that help you?

Sue Bilstein

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 13:07:37 +1200, Richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>jack wrote:
>>
>> Struck a resent problem that I have never come across before
>>
>> A seller on TradeMe almost refused to give me his ACC Name so that I could transfer money to his
>> account..
>>

>> Every transaction in the Past, TradeMe and Mail Order, I have always used a Acc name, to me this
>> is a way to confirm that you have given the correct acc number.

>Never needed it myself.
>
>The most annoying thing is that you have to paste the account number
>into several fields on the ASB and Bank Direct internet banking, so its
>a real pain when people put it all as one long number.

Bank is 2 digits, branch is 4 digits, account is 7 digits and suffix
is 3 digits (for ASB) or 2 digits for most/all? other banks.

(Misspent years as analyst programmer for banks).

Richard

Sue Bilstein wrote:

>> The most annoying thing is that you have to paste the account number
>> into several fields on the ASB and Bank Direct internet banking, so its
>> a real pain when people put it all as one long number.

> Bank is 2 digits, branch is 4 digits, account is 7 digits and suffix
> is 3 digits (for ASB) or 2 digits for most/all? other banks.
>
> (Misspent years as analyst programmer for banks).

Yes, which is 4 copy and paste operations, if they seperate them with
dashes then it makes selecting each block of numbers a hell of a lot easier.

jack

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 00:41:51 -0700, Matty F <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Jun 18, 12:37 pm, jack <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Struck a resent problem that I have never come across before
>>
>> A seller on TradeMe almost refused to give me his ACC Name so that I could transfer money to his
>> account..
>>
>> Every transaction in the Past, TradeMe and Mail Order, I have always used a Acc name, to me this
>> is a way to confirm that you have given the correct acc number.

>What is an "Acc name"? Is it perhaps the account name? In which case
>how does that help you?

Please think for a moment and Read what I had posted.

All BANK forms have at the Top the Account name, I have been asked by banks to provide this..

Its a Normal security feature that confirms that the account is correct..

Fred

"jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 00:41:51 -0700, Matty F <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>On Jun 18, 12:37 pm, jack <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Struck a resent problem that I have never come across before
>>>
>>> A seller on TradeMe almost refused to give me his ACC Name so that I
>>> could transfer money to his
>>> account..
>>>
>>> Every transaction in the Past, TradeMe and Mail Order, I have always
>>> used a Acc name, to me this
>>> is a way to confirm that you have given the correct acc number.

>>What is an "Acc name"? Is it perhaps the account name? In which case
>>how does that help you?

> Please think for a moment and Read what I had posted.
>

> All BANK forms have at the Top the Account name, I have been asked by
> banks to provide this..
>

> Its a Normal security feature that confirms that the account is correct..

I pay all accounts, including trademe by internet. I have never needed an
account name. If you want to use one to identify payment on your statement,
make one up.

jack

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 10:34:15 +1200, "Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 00:41:51 -0700, Matty F <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:

>>>What is an "Acc name"? Is it perhaps the account name? In which case
>>>how does that help you?

>> Please think for a moment and Read what I had posted.
>>

>> All BANK forms have at the Top the Account name, I have been asked by
>> banks to provide this..
>>

>> Its a Normal security feature that confirms that the account is correct..
>>

>I pay all accounts, including trademe by internet. I have never needed an
>account name. If you want to use one to identify payment on your statement,
>make one up.

You Totally do not under stand, the Name must match the ACC number, has nothing at all to do with
matching the payment

Bruce Sinclair

In article <46776c9b$(E-Mail Removed)>, Richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>jack wrote:
>
>> You Totally do not under stand, the Name must match the ACC number, has

> nothing at all to do with
>> matching the payment

>I just have a space for 2 digits of bank, 4 for branch, 7 for account,
>and 3 for suffix.
>
>I also have to put an amount, and also something in particulars - the
>reference and code fields are optional
>
>No name needed at all, what sort of banking are you doing that needs a
>name on it?

A deposit form. That said, the bank can look this up for you if you don't
have it and ask nicely

Matty F

On Jun 19, 10:25 am, jack <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 00:41:51 -0700, Matty F <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >On Jun 18, 12:37 pm, jack <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> Struck a resent problem that I have never come across before

> >> A seller on TradeMe almost refused to give me his ACC Name so that I could transfer money to his
> >> account..

> >> Every transaction in the Past, TradeMe and Mail Order, I have always used a Acc name, to me this
> >> is a way to confirm that you have given the correct acc number.

> >What is an "Acc name"? Is it perhaps the account name? In which case
> >how does that help you?

> Please think for a moment and Read what I had posted.
>
> All BANK forms have at the Top the Account name, I have been asked by banks to provide this..
>
> Its a Normal security feature that confirms that the account is correct..

Most people that I know transfer money using the Internet, and that
does not require an account name.
It never occurred to me that you'd go into a branch and do the
transfer via paperwork. I think I've been Wogered