Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Orcon

Orcon

Collector»NZ

Looks like a media company owning and ISP may not be so good, they
appear to have lost there DNS at the moment.

Anyone got another open DNS server address ??

Mark C

Collector»NZ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:467237d9$(E-Mail Removed):

> Looks like a media company owning and ISP may not be so good, they
> appear to have lost there DNS at the moment.
>
> Anyone got another open DNS server address ??

Orcon's DNS servers are working for me at the mo'

60.234.1.1/dns1.orcon.net.nz
60.234.2.2/dns2.orcon.net.nz

(Note that 210.55.12.1/ns1.orcon.net.nz and
210.55.12.2/ns2.orcon.net.nz are still around, but are not the
'official' DNS servers.)

Rob S

Collector»NZ wrote:
> Looks like a media company owning and ISP may not be so good, they
> appear to have lost there DNS at the moment.
>
> Anyone got another open DNS server address ??

Opendns.com
208.67.222.222
208.67.220.220

--

Rob
http://aspir8or.blogspot.com

Home is where you hang your @

mario

Rob S wrote:
> Collector»NZ wrote:
>> Looks like a media company owning and ISP may not be so good, they
>> appear to have lost there DNS at the moment.
>>
>> Anyone got another open DNS server address ??

> Opendns.com
> 208.67.222.222
> 208.67.220.220

Thanks all, outage lasted about 3/4 hour then came back. Must have been
something affecting my DSL haul pool only

XPD

"Collector»NZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:467237d9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Looks like a media company owning and ISP may not be so good, they appear
> to have lost there DNS at the moment.
>
> Anyone got another open DNS server address ??

Xtras :-p

peterwn

Collector»NZ wrote:
> Looks like a media company owning and ISP may not be so good, they
> appear to have lost there DNS at the moment.

AFAIK Kordia (formerly BCL) is a stand alone SOE and is no longer part
of TVNZ, so one would not call it a 'media' company.

It seems that Kordia is a very good bet for delivering broadband
internet to large chunks of population as well as significant rural
areas ie those in line of sight of Kodia facilities (eg Waiatarua, Mt Te
Aroha, Warite, Mt Taranaki, Mt Kau Kau etc etc).

So let us wish Orcon (now owned by Kordia) all the best for the future.

Mark Robinson

peterwn wrote:
> Collector»NZ wrote:
>> Looks like a media company owning and ISP may not be so good, they
>> appear to have lost there DNS at the moment.
>>

> AFAIK Kordia (formerly BCL) is a stand alone SOE and is no longer part
> of TVNZ, so one would not call it a 'media' company.
>
> It seems that Kordia is a very good bet for delivering broadband
> internet to large chunks of population as well as significant rural
> areas ie those in line of sight of Kodia facilities (eg Waiatarua, Mt Te
> Aroha, Warite, Mt Taranaki, Mt Kau Kau etc etc).
>
> So let us wish Orcon (now owned by Kordia) all the best for the future.

Seeby's shout.

Orcon Classic Car Fair NZ Computing 21 11-15-2003 02:42 PM
Orcon to iServe mail issue madknoxie NZ Computing 5 09-05-2003 04:44 AM

Advertisments