Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Looking for a gaming mouse that lasts

Looking for a gaming mouse that lasts

thingy

XPD wrote:
> "El Chippy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4671c698$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:41:15 +1200, thingy wrote:
>>
>>> I seem to be wearing out mice...(and keyboards).....kinda concerned that
>>> so far in 2~3 months the things are packing up...I was going to look
>>> at a gaming mouse but at $100+ this is looking like a bad idea....
>>>
>>> Any suggestions?
>>>

>> Consumer Guarantees Act, not fit for purpose. If a mouse or keyboard dies
>> after 3 months it was a POS and not fit for purpose. Get your money back
>> and try another brand.

> Umm.. dont think it would work...
>
> Buy X brand mouse thats not labelled for gaming and it breaks while playing
> a game..... since it wasnt labelled for gaming, then youd lose out.....

It is reasonable to expect the mouse to be used for some gaming...that
is a big use for home computers.....

regards

Thing

thingy

Peter Huebner wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)y says...
>> I seem to be wearing out mice...(and keyboards).....kinda concerned that
>> so far in 2~3 months the things are packing up...I was going to look
>> at a gaming mouse but at $100+ this is looking like a bad idea....
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Thing

> You have me scratching my head. I am a heavy gamer plus all the other stuff I
> do on the computer, and my Logitech cordless desktop has held up for some 4+
> years. The keyboard is still good, I wore away some of the rubber on the mouse
> and it started missing and sucking batteries dry quickly so I replaced that.
>
> The new mouse is a Logitech G7 cordless. I have some doubt about those lithium
> rechargables, they only seem to last for ~8 hours of use after 5 months. The
> mouse looks as good as the day it came out of the box in January. Since I have
> two batteries and the charger/receiver is plugged into the usb hub on the
> monitor it's not really a big issue though.
>
> Do you let your dog have a go after you knock off for the day?
>
> Anyway, I can heartily recommend the quality of Logitech mice. Get a corded G5
> if you want to circumvent all battery issues ...
>
> cheers, -Peter

The old mouse was a infra-red logitec 4 button...but that was too slow
for gaming it is 4+ years old....So I used a ball mouse alongside it,
when i re-built my machine I got a usb mouse....

regards

Thing