Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Looking for a gaming mouse that lasts

Looking for a gaming mouse that lasts

thingy

I seem to be wearing out mice...(and keyboards).....kinda concerned that
so far in 2~3 months the things are packing up...I was going to look
at a gaming mouse but at $100+ this is looking like a bad idea....

Any suggestions?

regards

Thing

XPD

"thingy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I seem to be wearing out mice...(and keyboards).....kinda concerned that so
>far in 2~3 months the things are packing up...I was going to look at a
>gaming mouse but at $100+ this is looking like a bad idea....
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> regards
>
> Thing

Ive got a Logitech G5 which Im damn happy with.... had it for almost a year.
Theres a newer version of it available now as well which is all glossy I
think compared to the one I have which has a copper look to it.

El Chippy

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:41:15 +1200, thingy wrote:

> I seem to be wearing out mice...(and keyboards).....kinda concerned that
> so far in 2~3 months the things are packing up...I was going to look
> at a gaming mouse but at $100+ this is looking like a bad idea....
>
> Any suggestions?

Consumer Guarantees Act, not fit for purpose. If a mouse or keyboard dies
after 3 months it was a POS and not fit for purpose. Get your money back
and try another brand.

Andrew Lambert

El Chippy wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:41:15 +1200, thingy wrote:
>
>> I seem to be wearing out mice...(and keyboards).....kinda concerned that
>> so far in 2~3 months the things are packing up...I was going to look
>> at a gaming mouse but at $100+ this is looking like a bad idea....
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>

> Consumer Guarantees Act, not fit for purpose. If a mouse or keyboard dies
> after 3 months it was a POS and not fit for purpose. Get your money back
> and try another brand.

You are kidding right?

XPD

"El Chippy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4671c698$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:41:15 +1200, thingy wrote:
>
>> I seem to be wearing out mice...(and keyboards).....kinda concerned that
>> so far in 2~3 months the things are packing up...I was going to look
>> at a gaming mouse but at $100+ this is looking like a bad idea....
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>

> Consumer Guarantees Act, not fit for purpose. If a mouse or keyboard dies
> after 3 months it was a POS and not fit for purpose. Get your money back
> and try another brand.

Umm.. dont think it would work...

Buy X brand mouse thats not labelled for gaming and it breaks while playing
a game..... since it wasnt labelled for gaming, then youd lose out.....

El Chippy

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 11:40:23 +1200, Andrew Lambert wrote:

> El Chippy wrote:
>>>

>> Consumer Guarantees Act, not fit for purpose. If a mouse or keyboard
>> dies after 3 months it was a POS and not fit for purpose. Get your
>> money back and try another brand.

> You are kidding right?

Not at all, I expect any peripheral I buy to last a minimum of a year. I
haven't yet had to replace a keyboard or mouse in under two years except
in case of a spilt drink or damaged cables. If you let manufacturers get
away with producing **** they will keep on doing it.

My current wireless mouse is almost three years old and is just starting
to fail (double clicks instead of single clicks sometimes). The paint has
worn off, the rechargeable battries have been replaced but it still works.

even for a heavy gamer (which i'm not) i would expect 6 months from a
mouse. unless you use a hammer to push the buttons?

Shane

XPD wrote:

> "El Chippy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4671c698$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:41:15 +1200, thingy wrote:
>>
>>> I seem to be wearing out mice...(and keyboards).....kinda concerned that
>>> so far in 2~3 months the things are packing up...I was going to look
>>> at a gaming mouse but at $100+ this is looking like a bad idea....
>>>
>>> Any suggestions?
>>>

>> Consumer Guarantees Act, not fit for purpose. If a mouse or keyboard dies
>> after 3 months it was a POS and not fit for purpose. Get your money back
>> and try another brand.

> Umm.. dont think it would work...
>
> Buy X brand mouse thats not labelled for gaming and it breaks while
> playing
> a game..... since it wasnt labelled for gaming, then youd lose out.....

Id agree with your XPD, unless the mouse/keyboard was sold as fit for the
purpose of gaming, then the CGA shouldnt apply.
Of course given Rogers success in such matters, where I wouldnt have
expected such success, Roger would really be the one to ask.

--
Q: What's yellow, normed, and complete?
A: A Bananach space.

Rob S

thingy wrote:
> I seem to be wearing out mice...(and keyboards).....kinda concerned that
> so far in 2~3 months the things are packing up...I was going to look at
> a gaming mouse but at $100+ this is looking like a bad idea....
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> regards
>
> Thing

What are you doing to them that they only last that long? My MS (1)
wireless multimedia 1.0A kb & mouse have been going strong for 18 months
and I'm at my pc from wake to sleep (lcd on a swingarm by my electric
lazyboy). Just have to vacuum the kb once in a while.

(1) Only Microsoft product in use.

Rob
http://aspir8or.blogspot.com

Calm down -- it's only ones and zeroes.

~misfit~

XPD wrote:
> "El Chippy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4671c698$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:41:15 +1200, thingy wrote:
> >
> > > I seem to be wearing out mice...(and keyboards).....kinda
> > > concerned that so far in 2~3 months the things are packing
> > > up...I was going to look at a gaming mouse but at $100+ this is
> > > looking like a bad idea....
> > >
> > > Any suggestions?
> > >

> > Consumer Guarantees Act, not fit for purpose. If a mouse or
> > keyboard dies after 3 months it was a POS and not fit for purpose.
> > Get your money back and try another brand.

> Umm.. dont think it would work...
>
> Buy X brand mouse thats not labelled for gaming and it breaks while
> playing a game..... since it wasnt labelled for gaming, then youd
> lose out.....

Since when was gaming not simply using a computer? As a lot of computer
users play games I'd say it's fair use. The only way out of that little
worm-hole would be to have it prominently labeled (on the outside of the
packaging) as _not_ being suitable for gaming.

I tell ya, if I had a mouse fail in under 6 months through use, I'd sure as
hell get it replaced under the CGA if it didn't have a warranty.
--
Shaun.

jack

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:41:15 +1200, thingy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I seem to be wearing out mice...(and keyboards).....kinda concerned that
> so far in 2~3 months the things are packing up...I was going to look
>at a gaming mouse but at $100+ this is looking like a bad idea....
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>regards
>
>Thing

Pay for Junk ket Junk.