Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Linspire latest to sign up with Microsoft

Linspire latest to sign up with Microsoft

Mickey Mouse

Microsoft claims another partner in the Linux market, with Linspire coming
onboard signing up for a licensing package to incorporate a number of
Microsoft technologies, and also receiving patent protection for its
customers.

Is Red Hat soon to be Dead Rat?

http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2007/0...soft_linspire/

peterwn

Mickey Mouse wrote:
> Microsoft claims another partner in the Linux market, with Linspire coming
> onboard signing up for a licensing package to incorporate a number of
> Microsoft technologies, and also receiving patent protection for its
> customers.

(yawn). Another press release from 1 Microsoft Way. The only future
headline that will mean anything in this regard would be "Microsoft
hires Linus Torvalds."

BrianM

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 22:33:55 +1200, Mickey Mouse wrote:

> Microsoft claims another partner in the Linux market, with Linspire coming
> onboard signing up for a licensing package to incorporate a number of
> Microsoft technologies, and also receiving patent protection for its
> customers.
>
> Is Red Hat soon to be Dead Rat?
>
> http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2007/0...soft_linspire/

Nope, my money is on Mandriva - they are short of cash, which
will be a personal shame as I use their latest O/S and like it.
You can kiss goodbye to the gang of 3 that went over to
MicroSCOft.

brianM

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <rqcgxx07r6cv$(E-Mail Removed)>, Mickey Mouse wrote:

> Is Red Hat soon to be Dead Rat?

Why? They've shown no signs of crumbling so far.

Biggles

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 13:34:58 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> In message <rqcgxx07r6cv$(E-Mail Removed)>, Mickey Mouse wrote:
>
>> Is Red Hat soon to be Dead Rat?

> Why? They've shown no signs of crumbling so far.

classic lol

Biggles

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <f526du$sli$(E-Mail Removed)>, Biggles wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 13:34:58 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>
>> In message <rqcgxx07r6cv$(E-Mail Removed)>, Mickey Mouse
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Is Red Hat soon to be Dead Rat?

>> Why? They've shown no signs of crumbling so far.

> classic lol

Best kind of lol, I guess...