Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Ferrit.co.nz registration is braindead

Ferrit.co.nz registration is braindead

Jamie Kahn Genet

I'm asked for a birthdate. I of course input 06/10/1842 (ok, not my real
birthdate, but I did give Ferrit the real thing). I get sent back to the
registration field with a message saying "that's an odd birthdate" as if
I'VE made a silly mistake. Nope. I didn't make a silly mistake. I just
assumed that like the rest of the WHOLE ****ING WORLD a birthdate would
be DD/MM/YYYY (or MM/DD/YYYY or */YY). But oh no. Idiot Ferrit.co.nz is
telling me _I'M_ silly cause I didn't input DD/MMM (not a typo) /YYYY !?

WTF is 'MMM' you ask? It had me stumped until I read more of the snarky
bloody error. MMM is the first three letters of the month, e.g. Feb, or
Dec.

*shakes head* Sorry, tiny unimportant thing, I know. But for some reason
that smarmy error message really got under my skin.

Regards,
Jamie Kahn Genet

P.S. Just clicked on their contact link to politely ask them why they're
flying in the face of common sense and usual practice. I get stuck in a
display contact information. What are they doing? Have a real live human
input the info?

Mark Robinson

Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
> I'm asked for a birthdate. I of course input 06/10/1842 (ok, not my real
> birthdate, but I did give Ferrit the real thing). I get sent back to the
> registration field with a message saying "that's an odd birthdate" as if
> I'VE made a silly mistake. Nope. I didn't make a silly mistake. I just
> assumed that like the rest of the WHOLE ****ING WORLD a birthdate would
> be DD/MM/YYYY (or MM/DD/YYYY or */YY). But oh no. Idiot Ferrit.co.nz is
> telling me _I'M_ silly cause I didn't input DD/MMM (not a typo) /YYYY !?
>
> WTF is 'MMM' you ask? It had me stumped until I read more of the snarky
> bloody error. MMM is the first three letters of the month, e.g. Feb, or
> Dec.
>
> *shakes head* Sorry, tiny unimportant thing, I know. But for some reason
> that smarmy error message really got under my skin.
>
> Regards,
> Jamie Kahn Genet
>
> P.S. Just clicked on their contact link to politely ask them why they're
> flying in the face of common sense and usual practice. I get stuck in a
> display contact information. What are they doing? Have a real live human
> input the info?

But you are only young ...

Surely the word "registration" is redundant in the subject ?

WTF are you doing buying expensive crap from there anyway ?

Jamie Kahn Genet

Mark Robinson <(E-Mail Removed)2tod.net> wrote:

> Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
> > I'm asked for a birthdate. I of course input 06/10/1842 (ok, not my real
> > birthdate, but I did give Ferrit the real thing). I get sent back to the
> > registration field with a message saying "that's an odd birthdate" as if
> > I'VE made a silly mistake. Nope. I didn't make a silly mistake. I just
> > assumed that like the rest of the WHOLE ****ING WORLD a birthdate would
> > be DD/MM/YYYY (or MM/DD/YYYY or */YY). But oh no. Idiot Ferrit.co.nz is
> > telling me _I'M_ silly cause I didn't input DD/MMM (not a typo) /YYYY !?
> >
> > WTF is 'MMM' you ask? It had me stumped until I read more of the snarky
> > bloody error. MMM is the first three letters of the month, e.g. Feb, or
> > Dec.
> >
> > *shakes head* Sorry, tiny unimportant thing, I know. But for some reason
> > that smarmy error message really got under my skin.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jamie Kahn Genet
> >
> > P.S. Just clicked on their contact link to politely ask them why they're
> > flying in the face of common sense and usual practice. I get stuck in a
> > display contact information. What are they doing? Have a real live human
> > input the info?

> But you are only young ...
>
> Surely the word "registration" is redundant in the subject ?
>
> WTF are you doing buying expensive crap from there anyway ?

Cheapest place to buy Duran Duran's 'Greatest' ($15.2 and free
shipping The iTunes store can't match it for price and they do not
include the videos off the bonus DVD. That said, if it were price alone
I'd have gone with iTunes, especially as it's a DRM-free EMI album.
Thank you EMI!

Regards,
Jamie Kahn Genet

~misfit~

Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
> Mark Robinson <(E-Mail Removed)2tod.net> wrote:
>
> > Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
> > > I'm asked for a birthdate. I of course input 06/10/1842 (ok, not
> > > my real birthdate, but I did give Ferrit the real thing). I get
> > > sent back to the registration field with a message saying "that's
> > > an odd birthdate" as if I'VE made a silly mistake. Nope. I didn't
> > > make a silly mistake. I just assumed that like the rest of the
> > > WHOLE ****ING WORLD a birthdate would be DD/MM/YYYY (or
> > > MM/DD/YYYY or */YY). But oh no. Idiot Ferrit.co.nz is telling me
> > > _I'M_ silly cause I didn't input DD/MMM (not a typo) /YYYY !?
> > >
> > > WTF is 'MMM' you ask? It had me stumped until I read more of the
> > > snarky bloody error. MMM is the first three letters of the month,
> > > e.g. Feb, or Dec.
> > >
> > > *shakes head* Sorry, tiny unimportant thing, I know. But for some
> > > reason that smarmy error message really got under my skin.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Jamie Kahn Genet
> > >
> > > P.S. Just clicked on their contact link to politely ask them why
> > > they're flying in the face of common sense and usual practice. I
> > > get stuck in a 'loading* animation for 15 seconds. Wow -
> > > impressive. 15 seconds to display contact information. What are
> > > they doing? Have a real live human input the info?

> > But you are only young ...
> >
> > Surely the word "registration" is redundant in the subject ?
> >
> > WTF are you doing buying expensive crap from there anyway ?

> Cheapest place to buy Duran Duran's 'Greatest' ($15.2 and free
> shipping The iTunes store can't match it for price and they do not
> include the videos off the bonus DVD. That said, if it were price
> alone I'd have gone with iTunes, especially as it's a DRM-free EMI
> album. Thank you EMI!
>
> Regards,
> Jamie Kahn Genet

Hmmm. I was going to reply to your first post asking why would anyone even
visit ferrit. Not only is it telescum but those TV ads give geeks a bad
name.

(Did you know that someone has petitioned Xtra/Telecom to stop the 'geek'
ads because registrations for IT courses dropped noticably when the
'Xtraordinaries" campaign and the feeble gimp ferrit ads started screening?)

However, with such a fine line between making ends meet and not, the
prospect of possibly saving money is tempting me.

Get thee behind me satan!!!!
--
Shaun.

Jamie Kahn Genet

~misfit~ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
> > Mark Robinson <(E-Mail Removed)2tod.net> wrote:

> > > But you are only young ...
> > >
> > > Surely the word "registration" is redundant in the subject ?
> > >
> > > WTF are you doing buying expensive crap from there anyway ?

> > Cheapest place to buy Duran Duran's 'Greatest' ($15.2 and free
> > shipping The iTunes store can't match it for price and they do not
> > include the videos off the bonus DVD. That said, if it were price
> > alone I'd have gone with iTunes, especially as it's a DRM-free EMI
> > album. Thank you EMI!
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jamie Kahn Genet

> Hmmm. I was going to reply to your first post asking why would anyone even
> visit ferrit. Not only is it telescum but those TV ads give geeks a bad
> name.
>
> (Did you know that someone has petitioned Xtra/Telecom to stop the 'geek'
> ads because registrations for IT courses dropped noticably when the
> 'Xtraordinaries" campaign and the feeble gimp ferrit ads started screening?)

G'day! LMAO @ the above. I'm not surprised! They are stupid
stereotypical ads, and of course Xtra just plain stinks.

> However, with such a fine line between making ends meet and not, the
> prospect of possibly saving money is tempting me.
>
> Get thee behind me satan!!!!

The free shipping won't last, but I can tell you the retailer -
GamePlanet who sold me the CD had it for sale at a higher price in their
own online store than through Ferrit. So it seems worthwhile to use,
even if it's proving somewhat slow and annoying (I'm getting REAL used
to seeing that loading animation... :-\ ).

Regards,
Jamie Kahn Genet

Chris Hope

Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:

>> However, with such a fine line between making ends meet and not, the
>> prospect of possibly saving money is tempting me.
>>
>> Get thee behind me satan!!!!

> The free shipping won't last, but I can tell you the retailer -
> GamePlanet who sold me the CD had it for sale at a higher price in
> their own online store than through Ferrit. So it seems worthwhile to
> use, even if it's proving somewhat slow and annoying (I'm getting REAL
> used to seeing that loading animation... :-\ ).

I would hazard a guess that Ferrit is making a loss on the stuff on sale
and that the retailer is still receiving the full amount for the order.
My guess is Ferrit is trying to "buy" customers with their discounts in
the hope they'll return and buy again next time.

Kent Smith

Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
> I'm asked for a birthdate. I of course input 06/10/1842 (ok, not my
> real birthdate, but I did give Ferrit the real thing). I get sent
> back to the registration field with a message saying "that's an odd
> birthdate" as if I'VE made a silly mistake. Nope. I didn't make a
> silly mistake. I just assumed that like the rest of the WHOLE ****ING
> WORLD a birthdate would be DD/MM/YYYY (or MM/DD/YYYY or */YY). But oh
> no. Idiot Ferrit.co.nz is telling me _I'M_ silly cause I didn't input
> DD/MMM (not a typo) /YYYY !?
>
> WTF is 'MMM' you ask? It had me stumped until I read more of the
> snarky bloody error. MMM is the first three letters of the month,
> e.g. Feb, or Dec.

I would have thought that was 'Mmm'. MMM would be FEB, or DEC.

-KENT

Andrew Lambert

> Hmmm. I was going to reply to your first post asking why would
anyone even
> visit ferrit. Not only is it telescum but those TV ads give geeks a bad
> name.
>
> (Did you know that someone has petitioned Xtra/Telecom to stop the 'geek'
> ads because registrations for IT courses dropped noticably when the
> 'Xtraordinaries" campaign and the feeble gimp ferrit ads started screening?)
>
> However, with such a fine line between making ends meet and not, the
> prospect of possibly saving money is tempting me.
>
> Get thee behind me satan!!!!

I love the ferrit adverts, I find them amusing.
Not that i would actually ever buy from there though...

~misfit~

Andrew Lambert wrote:
> > Hmmm. I was going to reply to your first post asking why would

> anyone even
> > visit ferrit. Not only is it telescum but those TV ads give geeks a
> > bad name.
> >
> > (Did you know that someone has petitioned Xtra/Telecom to stop the
> > 'geek' ads because registrations for IT courses dropped noticably
> > when the 'Xtraordinaries" campaign and the feeble gimp ferrit ads
> > started screening?) However, with such a fine line between making ends
> > meet and not, the
> > prospect of possibly saving money is tempting me.
> >
> > Get thee behind me satan!!!!

> I love the ferrit adverts, I find them amusing.
> Not that i would actually ever buy from there though...

I find them interesting in a car-crash sense. However, that's both you and I
who wouldn't buy from there, obviously the adverts aren't doing what adverts
are supposed to do.
--
Shaun.

Kent Smith