Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Wondows Server 2003 media

Wondows Server 2003 media

EMB

I have to re-install a server for one of my clients. It has an OEM
Windows Svr Std 2003 COA affixed to the case, however they have no
install media. Where/how is easiest method to get replacement media?

Fred Dagg

On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 13:30:17 +1200, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> exclaimed:

>I have to re-install a server for one of my clients. It has an OEM
>Windows Svr Std 2003 COA affixed to the case, however they have no
>install media. Where/how is easiest method to get replacement media?

The easiest way is to download it from a dodgy site.

The other option is to ring Microsoft, and pay $50 for a media kit to
be sent.

Craig Whitmore

Contact the OEM vendor and pay for the media.

Thanks

"EMB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have to re-install a server for one of my clients. It has an OEM Windows
>Svr Std 2003 COA affixed to the case, however they have no install media.
>Where/how is easiest method to get replacement media?

Tony

Fred Dagg wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 13:30:17 +1200, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> exclaimed:
>
>> I have to re-install a server for one of my clients. It has an OEM
>> Windows Svr Std 2003 COA affixed to the case, however they have no
>> install media. Where/how is easiest method to get replacement media?

> The easiest way is to download it from a dodgy site.
>
> The other option is to ring Microsoft, and pay $50 for a media kit to
> be sent.

Downloading it would be a very bad idea. Call the OEM supplier and pay
the small amount for the media.

peterwn

EMB wrote:
> I have to re-install a server for one of my clients. It has an OEM
> Windows Svr Std 2003 COA affixed to the case, however they have no
> install media. Where/how is easiest method to get replacement media?

Reload it with Debian Linux.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <newscache$vrz6jj$x05$(E-Mail Removed)>, Tony wrote:

> Downloading it would be a very bad idea.

Can't you verify MD5 or SHA-1 digests against an authentic copy?

Fred Dagg

On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 14:19:07 +1200, Tony
<(E-Mail Removed) m> exclaimed:

>Fred Dagg wrote:
>> On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 13:30:17 +1200, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> exclaimed:
>>
>>> I have to re-install a server for one of my clients. It has an OEM
>>> Windows Svr Std 2003 COA affixed to the case, however they have no
>>> install media. Where/how is easiest method to get replacement media?

>> The easiest way is to download it from a dodgy site.
>>
>> The other option is to ring Microsoft, and pay $50 for a media kit to
>> be sent.

>Downloading it would be a very bad idea. Call the OEM supplier and pay
>the small amount for the media.

I'm pretty sure you'd be within your rights to download the media, as
long as you have a legitimate license.

Tony

> I'm pretty sure you'd be within your rights to download the media, as
> long as you have a legitimate license.

The problem is you will need the same OEM version that would have been
supplied with the server for the key to work correctly.

~misfit~

Tony wrote:
> > I'm pretty sure you'd be within your rights to download the media,
> > as long as you have a legitimate license.

> The problem is you will need the same OEM version that would have been
> supplied with the server for the key to work correctly.

....or maybe do the switchero that someone posted about for XP? Don't know of
it works with Server 2003 though. Install a downloaded corporate version (or
a borrowed version) and then substitute for your own product key using that
MS tool that was referenced here a month or so back.

Stab in the dark... I guess you could always call MS and request replacement
media.
--
Shaun.

Upgrading from x32 Server 2003 r2 to x64 server 2003 r2 clucas009 Windows 64bit 4 03-26-2009 11:38 PM
Clicking sound in the backgound in wondows XP =?Utf-8?B?SGVzc2lhbg==?= Windows 64bit 7 04-25-2007 12:22 AM
Wondows Load Up Chad Computer Support 0 02-05-2006 11:01 PM
ghdl on wondows (cygwin) pini VHDL 0 10-25-2004 11:57 AM
RAID on Wondows 2000 Pro Pete Smith Computer Support 6 07-30-2004 12:17 AM

Advertisments