Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > wireless router setup with telstra clear

Reply
Thread Tools

wireless router setup with telstra clear

 
 
nana@somewehre.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-05-2007
Hi i need help


Im trying to add a wireless firewall router to my sisters existing
broadband setup, cable user who is with telstraclear ..


How do i find out what my default gateway setting should be short of
spending 90 mins on hold ringing the telstra help line.




Its netgear WGT624 108 Mbps wireless firewall router


Lostone ..
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Malcolm
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-05-2007
On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 00:18:13 +1200
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Hi i need help
>
>
> Im trying to add a wireless firewall router to my sisters existing
> broadband setup, cable user who is with telstraclear ..
>
>
> How do i find out what my default gateway setting should be short of
> spending 90 mins on hold ringing the telstra help line.
>
>
>
>
> Its netgear WGT624 108 Mbps wireless firewall router
>
>
> Lostone ..

Hi
Open a command window (start->run->cmd) and use the command netstat -r
will give you the default gateway.

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
SLED 10.0 x86_64 Kernel 2.6.16.27-0.9-smp
up 1 day 8:10, 3 users, load average: 0.45, 0.20, 0.06
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mark Robinson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-05-2007
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi i need help
> Im trying to add a wireless firewall router to my sisters existing
> broadband setup, cable user who is with telstraclear ..
> How do i find out what my default gateway setting should be short of
> spending 90 mins on hold ringing the telstra help line.


There are usually very few delays if you ring them at this time of night.

It'll be in the stuff Telstra sent you when you signed up.

If the computer is already configured to work without the router you could look
at the existing settings. In this case you will need to reconfigure the
computer to use a private netblock (192.168.x.x, 10.x.x.x, 172.something) or to
use dhcp (automatic configuration). That all depends on how you configure the
router.

In any case it'll be your ip address with the last octet replaced by 1, so if
the ip address is 203.79.120.110 the gateway will be 203.79.120.1.

The netmask should be 255.255.255.0

The dns servers are 203.96.152.4 and 203.96.152.12

> Its netgear WGT624 108 Mbps wireless firewall router
> Lostone ..

 
Reply With Quote
 
nana@somewehre.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-05-2007
On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 00:35:53 +1200, Mark Robinson
<(E-Mail Removed)2tod.net> wrote:


>
>In any case it'll be your ip address with the last octet replaced by 1, so if
>the ip address is 203.79.120.110 the gateway will be 203.79.120.1.
>
>The netmask should be 255.255.255.0
>
>The dns servers are 203.96.152.4 and 203.96.152.12
>
>> Its netgear WGT624 108 Mbps wireless firewall router
>> Lostone ..


cheer thnx malcom and Mark



Lostone

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: wireless router setup with telstra clear Malcolm NZ Computing 0 06-05-2007 12:33 PM
Telstra Clear modem charge Jerry NZ Computing 0 11-16-2005 08:49 AM
Paradise/Clear/Telstra Users.. BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn NZ Computing 18 03-07-2005 08:25 PM
telstra clear and peering exchange Nik Coughin NZ Computing 7 07-08-2004 05:00 AM
Telstra Clear Fax and Phone Bok NZ Computing 3 06-07-2004 12:47 AM



Advertisments