Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > .net framework 3.0 for xp

.net framework 3.0 for xp

Sir to you

I go to the MS download page to get this - hmm, the download is only
about 2mb , thats great I can install on my 3 machines very easily .

Install the first download, and it says it wants to download 54 mb of
software. WTF?

That sucks - I would like to download the 54mb file myself then copy
manually to my other machines. THis is made worse by xtra whose
substandard broadband offerings mean I have to count every bit
downloaded (is this what broadband is about??)

So, instead microsoft is intent on making me download 54 mb 3 times,
once for each of my machines.

Maybe these stupid yanks think that everyone has unlimited broadband?
Once again, the americans don't understand another countries needs and
requirements.

I'm sure it must be possible to download the 54mb manually somehow -
anybody know?

El Chippy

On Sat, 19 May 2007 20:26:44 -0700, Sir to you wrote:

> I'm sure it must be possible to download the 54mb manually somehow -
> anybody know?

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/net.../bb264589.aspx

Nicolaas Hawkins

On 19 May 2007 20:26:44 -0700, Sir to you <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
<news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com>:

> I go to the MS download page to get this - hmm, the download is only
> about 2mb , thats great I can install on my 3 machines very easily .
>
> Install the first download, and it says it wants to download 54 mb of
> software. WTF?
>
> That sucks - I would like to download the 54mb file myself then copy
> manually to my other machines. THis is made worse by xtra whose
> substandard broadband offerings mean I have to count every bit
> downloaded (is this what broadband is about??)
>
> So, instead microsoft is intent on making me download 54 mb 3 times,
> once for each of my machines.
>
> Maybe these stupid yanks think that everyone has unlimited broadband?
> Once again, the americans don't understand another countries needs and
> requirements.

Probably more like they believe that the untied states is the only country
whose needs are to be catered for and the rest of the world can go suck a
fat one if they don't fall into line. Remember the line "if you aren't
with us, you are against us"?

--
Nicolaas.

2007 Pricelessware CD now available. 600Mb of the best of the best in
Freeware. E-Mail me for details.

Sir to you

On May 20, 3:44 pm, El Chippy <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On Sat, 19 May 2007 20:26:44 -0700, Sir to you wrote:
> > I'm sure it must be possible to download the 54mb manually somehow -
> > anybody know?

> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/net.../bb264589.aspx

Great - I had tried googling, and searching on microsoft download
center but I could only find the 2mb 'installer'.

Cheers.

Dave Taylor

Sir to you <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1179640066.907497.204330
@l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

> Great - I had tried googling, and searching on microsoft download
> center but I could only find the 2mb 'installer'.

Next time try adding the phrase "Network Install" or "Administrator
Install"
That usually brings it up.

I dislike those stub files also, so I run IPCop with update accelerator.
http://www.advproxy.net/update-accelerator/

--
Ciao, Dave

Justin

Dave Taylor wrote:
> Sir to you <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1179640066.907497.204330
> @l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:
>
>> Great - I had tried googling, and searching on microsoft download
>> center but I could only find the 2mb 'installer'.

> Next time try adding the phrase "Network Install" or "Administrator
> Install"
> That usually brings it up.
>
> I dislike those stub files also, so I run IPCop with update accelerator.
> http://www.advproxy.net/update-accelerator/

Ditto IPCop for me.

I regularly bring client machines to rebuild here and got sick of
busting my cap.

So IPCop with Update Accelerator is saving me bucket loads of time and
keeping bandwidth usage down. There are approximately 1.2Gig of Windows
Updates now cached on my IPCop firewall.

Makes for a zippy Windows Update.

Cheers

Justin