Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Xnet broadband at dial-up speed for over 2 months now

Re: Xnet broadband at dial-up speed for over 2 months now

a_l_p

Matty F wrote:
> So to summarise, without changing
> anything on my machine, Mozilla and Opera work fine and Internet
> Explorer and Firefox have regular delays of up to 30 seconds. Firefox
> support don't seem to be interested in helping, and

ALERT - flame warriors spotted on the horizon

> only mad people use IE.

Tinfoil hats at the ready!

> I recommend Opera.

I liked Opera too but I'm using foxfire these days and it's OK for me, touch
wood, fingers crossed etc.

A L P

Matty F

On May 20, 7:52 pm, a_l_p <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Matty F wrote:
> > So to summarise, without changing
> > anything on my machine, Mozilla and Opera work fine and Internet
> > Explorer and Firefox have regular delays of up to 30 seconds. Firefox
> > support don't seem to be interested in helping, and

> ALERT - flame warriors spotted on the horizon

I've been to the Firefox website, searched for all known delay bugs,
asked questions that have not been answered sensibly and not got an
answer. Since Opera does not have the delay bug I will not bother
again with Firefox, and I install Opera on all machines that I
maintain now.

> > only mad people use IE.

> Tinfoil hats at the ready!

IE is known to have many vulnerabilities so is best avoided.

> > I recommend Opera.

> I liked Opera too but I'm using foxfire these days and it's OK for me, touch
> wood, fingers crossed etc.

blanking

"Matty F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> blanking wrote:
>> "Matty F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

>> > I'm using xtra broadband and I had that delay problem with Internet
>> > Explorer, which probably you are using. I do not have that delay
>> > problem with Opera or Mozilla.
>> >
>> > Go to http://www.opera.com/ and get yourself a decent browser.
>> >

>> Using firefox 2

> I had the same long delay problem with Firefox so I uninstalled it and
> got Opera which is going fine. So to summarise, without changing
> anything on my machine, Mozilla and Opera work fine and Internet
> Explorer and Firefox have regular delays of up to 30 seconds. Firefox
> support don't seem to be interested in helping, and only mad people
> use IE.
> I recommend Opera.

What speed computer do you have because firefox does have long delays on my
old p3 550MHz, IE is fine though and firefox is normally fine on my dual
core machine.

Matty F

On May 21, 11:22 am, "blanking" <blanking@brain> wrote:
> "Matty F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> > blanking wrote:
> >> "Matty F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> > I had the same long delay problem with Firefox so I uninstalled it and
> > got Opera which is going fine. So to summarise, without changing
> > anything on my machine, Mozilla and Opera work fine and Internet
> > Explorer and Firefox have regular delays of up to 30 seconds. Firefox
> > support don't seem to be interested in helping, and only mad people
> > use IE.
> > I recommend Opera.

> What speed computer do you have because firefox does have long delays on my
> old p3 550MHz, IE is fine though and firefox is normally fine on my dual
> core machine.

My computer is around 2500MHz.
The 30 second delay problem that I was having with IE and Firefox
occurred after every half dozen or so clicks on links on many
different web pages. Using Opera or Mozilla fixed the problem. Mozilla
is getting a bit old now but has features that I need.

Thor

Matty F wrote:

> My computer is around 2500MHz.
> The 30 second delay problem that I was having with IE and Firefox
> occurred after every half dozen or so clicks on links on many
> different web pages. Using Opera or Mozilla fixed the problem. Mozilla
> is getting a bit old now but has features that I need.

The new version of mozilla is called seamonkey.

--