Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > This gets me a bit Worried

This gets me a bit Worried

Ken Yates@yahooken.com

They been taken over by Amazon..

http://www.dpreview.com/

Now no longer independent..

E. Scrooge

<Ken http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> They been taken over by Amazon..
>

> http://www.dpreview.com/
>

> Now no longer independent..

No loss it's not dcresource.com

E. Scrooge

Aaron Lawrence

On a pleasant day while strolling in nz.comp, a person
by the name of Ken (E-Mail Removed) exclaimed:

> They been taken over by Amazon..
> http://www.dpreview.com/
> Now no longer independent..

Yes this is dissappointing. Excellent site with
incredibly in-depth and informed reviews. Now there will
be all kinds of pressures to integrate selling...

--
aaronl at consultant dot com
For every expert, there is an equal and

frederick

E. Scrooge wrote:
> <Ken (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> They been taken over by Amazon..
>>

>> http://www.dpreview.com/
>>

>> Now no longer independent..

> No loss it's not dcresource.com
>
> E. Scrooge

What about the local guys?
http://www.cameralabs.com/

Apteryx

<Ken (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> They been taken over by Amazon..
>

> http://www.dpreview.com/
>

> Now no longer independent..

Or alternatively now they have the opportunity to be independent. Currently
they are financed by sponsorship from camera manufacturers, especially
Canon. Whereas Amazon doesn't care which cameras they rate the best - they
sell them all.

--
Apteryx

Bruce Sinclair

In article <1179227406.943255@ftpsrv1>, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote:

><Ken (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>
>> They been taken over by Amazon..
>>

>> http://www.dpreview.com/
>>

>> Now no longer independent..

>No loss it's not dcresource.com

... and why are you reading, let alone replying to "ken" ?
Is your "Crap (tm)" discriminator broken ?

gets gets John Joyce Ruby 2 03-26-2007 04:00 PM
Not only the selected HREF gets surrounded, but the whole row gets surrounded Stefan Mueller HTML 5 07-10-2006 11:53 AM