Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > IBM to shed a lot of staff soon?

Reply
Thread Tools

IBM to shed a lot of staff soon?

 
 
thingy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-09-2007
http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/2...04_002027.html

I have always considered outsourcing as dodgy (rarely saves money and
usually costs a lot more) and have rarely been impressed with overpaid
consultants/professional services....now IBM with one of the biggest
setups could be gutting its services arm....ouch...

regards

thing
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Lawrence D'Oliveiro
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-25-2007
In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, thingy wrote:

> ....now IBM with one of the biggest setups could be gutting its
> services arm....


gut ... arm ... a mixed metaphor if ever I heard one ...
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Sue Bilstein
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-25-2007
On Fri, 25 May 2007 17:27:53 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
<(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote:
>In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, thingy wrote:
>
>> ....now IBM with one of the biggest setups could be gutting its
>> services arm....

>
>gut ... arm ... a mixed metaphor if ever I heard one ...


.... Literally gutting its arm ...
 
Reply With Quote
 
~misfit~
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-26-2007
Sue Bilstein wrote:
> On Fri, 25 May 2007 17:27:53 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
> <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote:
> > In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, thingy wrote:
> >
> > > ....now IBM with one of the biggest setups could be gutting its
> > > services arm....

> >
> > gut ... arm ... a mixed metaphor if ever I heard one ...

>
> ... Literally gutting its arm ...


There are guts in arms now? That would explain why I thought my biceps were
getting bigger.
--
Shaun.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IBM Certification Training Exam - IBM SelfExamEngine.com Mike MCSA 0 12-07-2009 10:19 AM
Sun rejects IBM buyout, IBM withdraws offer Qu0ll Java 42 04-13-2009 10:53 AM
Any IBM POSS Programmers? How do I make a IBM POS VFD Customer Display work? Robert Wells C++ 4 06-24-2008 10:48 PM
EN-560 Sr. Software Engineer - Staff - Anaheim, CAEN-560 Sr. Software Engineer - Staff - Anaheim, CA prospring Java 1 11-28-2005 02:15 PM



Advertisments