Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Vista: Hibernate vs Shutdown.

Vista: Hibernate vs Shutdown.

Warwick

new laptop with wifi. wifi set to automatically connect to
network. After hibernate is does not automatically connect.
After shutdown it does. No new updates or drivers available
for wifi router or Vista. Is this a known problem in Vista?
--

cheers

XPD

"Warwick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1b2e3lq3lfzb5.1w4h1axmqq4j0$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> new laptop with wifi. wifi set to automatically connect to
> network. After hibernate is does not automatically connect.
> After shutdown it does. No new updates or drivers available
> for wifi router or Vista. Is this a known problem in Vista?

I never use hibernate - it chews up a good whack of HDD.
Also, I have had issues with hardware waking up again after being in
hibernation.
Just seems to be one of those things.... Im on XP btw, not Vista.

Damos

On Sat, 05 May 2007 14:45:33 +1200, Warwick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> new laptop with wifi. wifi set to automatically connect to
> network. After hibernate is does not automatically connect.
> After shutdown it does. No new updates or drivers available
> for wifi router or Vista. Is this a known problem in Vista?

Similar problem with a Toshima M50 running xp also had tendency to crash
into blue screen if tried to get start up after hybernating. In the end
decided just to turn hybernating off completely ie either I'm using the
thing or not. If not just shut the thing down the old fashioned way.

D.

--
"It's a foreboding I have - maybe ill placed - of my children's generation
or my grandchildren's generation ... when clutching our horoscopes, our

Carl Sagan.

Warwick

On Sat, 5 May 2007 14:45:33 +1200, Warwick wrote:

> new laptop with wifi. wifi set to automatically connect to
> network. After hibernate is does not automatically connect.
> After shutdown it does. No new updates or drivers available
> for wifi router or Vista. Is this a known problem in Vista?

Cracked it. It is possible to exclude devices from being
shutdown by hibernate in Vista.
--

cheers