Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Some photos from Christchurch

Some photos from Christchurch

click

http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~tmg/chch/ch1.htm

I welcome suggestions for software to make web slide-shows (not
Flash)that allows for image transition (fading through black), but allow
for different sized images. The java and dhtml scripts I've seen don't,
and page transition effects that do only work in ie.

Allistar

click wrote:

> http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~tmg/chch/ch1.htm
>
> I welcome suggestions for software to make web slide-shows (not
> Flash)that allows for image transition (fading through black), but allow
> for different sized images. The java and dhtml scripts I've seen don't,
> and page transition effects that do only work in ie.

Do you have high res copies of those photos you'd being willing to share, or
trade for cash? In particular I like ch5, ch8, ch10 and especially ch19. By
high res I mean around 4240x1050 (for my PC's wallpaper).

Allistar.

click

Allistar wrote:
> click wrote:
>
>> http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~tmg/chch/ch1.htm
>>
>> I welcome suggestions for software to make web slide-shows (not
>> Flash)that allows for image transition (fading through black), but allow
>> for different sized images. The java and dhtml scripts I've seen don't,
>> and page transition effects that do only work in ie.

> Do you have high res copies of those photos you'd being willing to share, or
> trade for cash? In particular I like ch5, ch8, ch10 and especially ch19. By
> high res I mean around 4240x1050 (for my PC's wallpaper).
>
> Allistar.

Are you sure of those dimensions?
CH19 I think (I have to find the original on my HD) is originally
something like 10,000 x 3200 or so. But with standard display ratios
4:3, 16:9 etc. it needs to be cropped after resizing to fit on screen.

I'm A Trampoline

click wrote:
> http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~tmg/chch/ch1.htm
>
> I welcome suggestions for software to make web slide-shows (not
> Flash)that allows for image transition (fading through black), but allow
> for different sized images. The java and dhtml scripts I've seen don't,
> and page transition effects that do only work in ie.

I love the second one of Sumner beach with the reflections.

You should get some street scenes. Armagh, Gloucester, Worcester and
Hereford looking eastward from the behind the river (so you catch some
greenery and bridges) are some of the prettiest general street scenes in
NZ. (I also love the eastward view of Lichfield, but I think many
wouldn't be with me there.) Durham/Cambridge looking south while turned
towards the left side of the street would be my pick for the most
utopian street scene in NZ.

I'm A Trampoline

Allistar wrote:
> click wrote:
>
>> http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~tmg/chch/ch1.htm
>>
>> I welcome suggestions for software to make web slide-shows (not
>> Flash)that allows for image transition (fading through black), but allow
>> for different sized images. The java and dhtml scripts I've seen don't,
>> and page transition effects that do only work in ie.

> Do you have high res copies of those photos you'd being willing to share, or
> trade for cash? In particular I like ch5, ch8, ch10 and especially ch19. By
> high res I mean around 4240x1050 (for my PC's wallpaper).

I'm assuming you have rotating scenes of NZ as your wallpaper like I do.

Rob

"click" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~tmg/chch/ch1.htm
>
> I welcome suggestions for software to make web slide-shows (not Flash)that
> allows for image transition (fading through black), but allow for
> different sized images. The java and dhtml scripts I've seen don't, and
> page transition effects that do only work in ie.

They probably use the features of IE to do the transitions. Just wondering
why you don't want to use flash, as flash allows you to do some really cool
things with slideshows.

Allistar

click wrote:

> Allistar wrote:
>> click wrote:
>>
>>> http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~tmg/chch/ch1.htm
>>>
>>> I welcome suggestions for software to make web slide-shows (not
>>> Flash)that allows for image transition (fading through black), but allow
>>> for different sized images. The java and dhtml scripts I've seen don't,
>>> and page transition effects that do only work in ie.

>> Do you have high res copies of those photos you'd being willing to share,
>> or trade for cash? In particular I like ch5, ch8, ch10 and especially
>> ch19. By high res I mean around 4240x1050 (for my PC's wallpaper).
>>
>> Allistar.

> Are you sure of those dimensions?

Yes, I run a triple head setup, 1280x1024 + 1680x1050 + 1280x1024.

> CH19 I think (I have to find the original on my HD) is originally
> something like 10,000 x 3200 or so. But with standard display ratios
> 4:3, 16:9 etc. it needs to be cropped after resizing to fit on screen.

Cropping is not a problem. Are you in a position to give away or sell the
high res versions of some of those images?

Thanks,
Allistar.

Damos

On Sat, 05 May 2007 15:14:58 +1200, Allistar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Yes, I run a triple head setup, 1280x1024 + 1680x1050 + 1280x1024.

What card are you using?

?flights sims?

D.

--
"It's a foreboding I have - maybe ill placed - of my children's generation
or my grandchildren's generation ... when clutching our horoscopes, our

Carl Sagan.

click

Allistar wrote:
> click wrote:
>
>> http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~tmg/chch/ch1.htm
>>
>> I welcome suggestions for software to make web slide-shows (not
>> Flash)that allows for image transition (fading through black), but allow
>> for different sized images. The java and dhtml scripts I've seen don't,
>> and page transition effects that do only work in ie.

> Do you have high res copies of those photos you'd being willing to share, or
> trade for cash? In particular I like ch5, ch8, ch10 and especially ch19. By
> high res I mean around 4240x1050 (for my PC's wallpaper).
>
> Allistar.

Try these (resized to 4250 x 1050)
larger version of Port Hills sunset image:
http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~tmg/temp/ph4250.jpg
Bark Bay - Abel Tasman National Park sunrise:
http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~tmg/temp/bark4250.jpg
Some of the others won't resize/crop well to that wide ratio - ie the
photo of the seat will crop down so that you either don't get enough sky
- or you cut the seat in half.
Please note that I retain copyright, and disallow commercial use of
these (or any) images.
My email address (remove the nospam bit) works.

Peter

click wrote:
> http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~tmg/chch/ch1.htm

Those photos are superb!

Why do they look so much better than shots I take with my digital? And what
is "multiple exposure high resolution panorama"? Is this something
ordinary folk can do, or does it take special facilities?

TIA

Peter