Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Tv tuner cards and TV-One on 44.25MHz

Reply
Thread Tools

Tv tuner cards and TV-One on 44.25MHz

 
 
serafis
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-25-2007
Apologies if this is a repeat of earlier post - it didn't show up.

I am building my first media PC and have bought a Powercolor Theater
550-Pro Tv tuner card with onboard MPEG2, which is one of the cards
supported by GBPVR.

However, I find that TV-One broadcasts in Wellington (Mt Kaukau) on
VHF 45.25MHz, but this card only seems to tune from around 48MHz
upwards so it will not receive TV-One. This makes it not really fit
for purpose.

So before I return it to the store, does anyone know an easy / cheap
fix for this problem?

Or is there another TV-tuner card with onboard MPEG2, supported by
GBPVR, that will tune to this frequency? Does anyone know what the
input frequency range of the Hauppauge PVR-150 card is (my other
choice but the 550-Pro was cheaper at the time)?

Thanks in advance,

Jon.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
sam
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-25-2007
serafis wrote:
> Apologies if this is a repeat of earlier post - it didn't show up.
>
> I am building my first media PC and have bought a Powercolor Theater
> 550-Pro Tv tuner card with onboard MPEG2, which is one of the cards
> supported by GBPVR.
>
> However, I find that TV-One broadcasts in Wellington (Mt Kaukau) on
> VHF 45.25MHz, but this card only seems to tune from around 48MHz
> upwards so it will not receive TV-One. This makes it not really fit
> for purpose.
>
> So before I return it to the store, does anyone know an easy / cheap
> fix for this problem?
>
> Or is there another TV-tuner card with onboard MPEG2, supported by
> GBPVR, that will tune to this frequency? Does anyone know what the
> input frequency range of the Hauppauge PVR-150 card is (my other
> choice but the 550-Pro was cheaper at the time)?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jon.
>

44MHz - 958 MHz
Get the Hauppauge, it's a great card.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ken Yates@yahooken.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-25-2007
On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 10:12:06 +1200, sam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>serafis wrote:
>> Apologies if this is a repeat of earlier post - it didn't show up.
>>
>> I am building my first media PC and have bought a Powercolor Theater
>> 550-Pro Tv tuner card with onboard MPEG2, which is one of the cards
>> supported by GBPVR.
>>
>> However, I find that TV-One broadcasts in Wellington (Mt Kaukau) on
>> VHF 45.25MHz, but this card only seems to tune from around 48MHz
>> upwards so it will not receive TV-One. This makes it not really fit
>> for purpose.
>>
>> So before I return it to the store, does anyone know an easy / cheap
>> fix for this problem?
>>
>> Or is there another TV-tuner card with onboard MPEG2, supported by
>> GBPVR, that will tune to this frequency? Does anyone know what the
>> input frequency range of the Hauppauge PVR-150 card is (my other
>> choice but the 550-Pro was cheaper at the time)?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Jon.
>>

>44MHz - 958 MHz
>Get the Hauppauge, it's a great card.




Yes the Hauppauge to me would be a far dearer card, Powercolor is a low end brand..


 
Reply With Quote
 
sam
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-25-2007
Ken http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 10:12:06 +1200, sam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> serafis wrote:
>>> Apologies if this is a repeat of earlier post - it didn't show up.
>>>
>>> I am building my first media PC and have bought a Powercolor Theater
>>> 550-Pro Tv tuner card with onboard MPEG2, which is one of the cards
>>> supported by GBPVR.
>>>
>>> However, I find that TV-One broadcasts in Wellington (Mt Kaukau) on
>>> VHF 45.25MHz, but this card only seems to tune from around 48MHz
>>> upwards so it will not receive TV-One. This makes it not really fit
>>> for purpose.
>>>
>>> So before I return it to the store, does anyone know an easy / cheap
>>> fix for this problem?
>>>
>>> Or is there another TV-tuner card with onboard MPEG2, supported by
>>> GBPVR, that will tune to this frequency? Does anyone know what the
>>> input frequency range of the Hauppauge PVR-150 card is (my other
>>> choice but the 550-Pro was cheaper at the time)?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>
>>> Jon.
>>>

>> 44MHz - 958 MHz
>> Get the Hauppauge, it's a great card.

>
>
>
> Yes the Hauppauge to me would be a far dearer card, Powercolor is a low end brand..
>
>


$120
 
Reply With Quote
 
Nicolaas Hawkins
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-25-2007
On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:03:38 +1200, sam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
<news:462fde4a$(E-Mail Removed)>:

> Ken (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 10:12:06 +1200, sam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> serafis wrote:
>>>> Apologies if this is a repeat of earlier post - it didn't show up.
>>>>
>>>> I am building my first media PC and have bought a Powercolor Theater
>>>> 550-Pro Tv tuner card with onboard MPEG2, which is one of the cards
>>>> supported by GBPVR.
>>>>
>>>> However, I find that TV-One broadcasts in Wellington (Mt Kaukau) on
>>>> VHF 45.25MHz, but this card only seems to tune from around 48MHz
>>>> upwards so it will not receive TV-One. This makes it not really fit
>>>> for purpose.
>>>>
>>>> So before I return it to the store, does anyone know an easy / cheap
>>>> fix for this problem?
>>>>
>>>> Or is there another TV-tuner card with onboard MPEG2, supported by
>>>> GBPVR, that will tune to this frequency? Does anyone know what the
>>>> input frequency range of the Hauppauge PVR-150 card is (my other
>>>> choice but the 550-Pro was cheaper at the time)?
>>>>
>>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>>
>>>> Jon.
>>>>
>>> 44MHz - 958 MHz
>>> Get the Hauppauge, it's a great card.

>>
>> Yes the Hauppauge to me would be a far dearer card, Powercolor is a low end brand..
>>

>
> $120


Remember it's Roger Sheppard you're talking to.

--
Regards,
Nicolaas.

2007 Pricelessware CD now available. 600Mb of the best of the best in
Freeware. E-Mail me for details.

.... Adults are obsolete children.
 
Reply With Quote
 
XPD
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-25-2007

"Nicolaas Hawkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:lekqanoe0ma8$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>> Get the Hauppauge, it's a great card.
>>>
>>> Yes the Hauppauge to me would be a far dearer card, Powercolor is a
>>> low end brand..
>>>

>>
>> $120

>
> Remember it's Roger Sheppard you're talking to.


Yeah, did someone take down the "Dont feed the Woger or Trolls" sign again ?


 
Reply With Quote
 
kornkob
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-26-2007
"serafis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Apologies if this is a repeat of earlier post - it didn't show up.
>
> I am building my first media PC and have bought a Powercolor Theater
> 550-Pro Tv tuner card with onboard MPEG2, which is one of the cards
> supported by GBPVR.
>
> However, I find that TV-One broadcasts in Wellington (Mt Kaukau) on
> VHF 45.25MHz, but this card only seems to tune from around 48MHz
> upwards so it will not receive TV-One. This makes it not really fit
> for purpose.
>
> So before I return it to the store, does anyone know an easy / cheap
> fix for this problem?
>
> Or is there another TV-tuner card with onboard MPEG2, supported by
> GBPVR, that will tune to this frequency? Does anyone know what the
> input frequency range of the Hauppauge PVR-150 card is (my other
> choice but the 550-Pro was cheaper at the time)?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>


I dont have my 550 pro card in my machine so I cant check, but did you try
setting your GB-PVR capture source to 'Cable' instead of 'Antenna'? If not,
then give it a try. It'll scan a much wider set of frequencies than the
default NZ/Antenna list. Alternatively, in your capture source channel list
you can change the channel number to 45250000 and it'll try to tune by
frequency rather than channel number.

 
Reply With Quote
 
sam
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-26-2007
XPD wrote:
> "Nicolaas Hawkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:lekqanoe0ma8$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>>> Get the Hauppauge, it's a great card.
>>>> Yes the Hauppauge to me would be a far dearer card, Powercolor is a
>>>> low end brand..
>>>>
>>> $120

>> Remember it's Roger Sheppard you're talking to.

>
> Yeah, did someone take down the "Dont feed the Woger or Trolls" sign again ?
>
>


WTF ?
 
Reply With Quote
 
XPD
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-26-2007

"sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:462fec64$(E-Mail Removed)...
> XPD wrote:
>> "Nicolaas Hawkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:lekqanoe0ma8$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>>>> Get the Hauppauge, it's a great card.
>>>>> Yes the Hauppauge to me would be a far dearer card, Powercolor is a
>>>>> low end brand..
>>>>>
>>>> $120
>>> Remember it's Roger Sheppard you're talking to.

>>
>> Yeah, did someone take down the "Dont feed the Woger or Trolls" sign
>> again ?
>>
>>

>
> WTF ?


Hehe, you obviously been hanging around here very long


 
Reply With Quote
 
serafis
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-26-2007
On Apr 26, 10:12 am, sam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> serafis wrote:
> > Apologies if this is a repeat of earlier post - it didn't show up.

>
> > I am building my first media PC and have bought a Powercolor Theater
> > 550-Pro Tv tuner card with onboard MPEG2, which is one of the cards
> > supported by GBPVR.

>
> > However, I find that TV-One broadcasts in Wellington (Mt Kaukau) on
> > VHF 45.25MHz, but this card only seems to tune from around 48MHz
> > upwards so it will not receive TV-One. This makes it not really fit
> > for purpose.

>
> > So before I return it to the store, does anyone know an easy / cheap
> > fix for this problem?

>
> > Or is there another TV-tuner card with onboard MPEG2, supported by
> > GBPVR, that will tune to this frequency? Does anyone know what the
> > input frequency range of the Hauppauge PVR-150 card is (my other
> > choice but the 550-Pro was cheaper at the time)?

>
> > Thanks in advance,

>
> > Jon.

>
> 44MHz - 958 MHz
> Get the Hauppauge, it's a great card.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -


I emailed Hauppauge technical support in Singapore and this was their
response:

The frequency range starts from 48MHZ for the PVR-150 PCI TV
Tuner.
Hope the above information has been of helpful to you. Please
let me know should you require further assistance.
Thanks & Regards,
Anand
Techsupport Dept.
Hauppauge Singapore.

So before I rush out and spend even more on a Hauppauge PVR-150, can
anyone confirm from their own experience whether it *really* starts at
44MHz or 48MHz?

Thanks.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TV-tuner cards and TV-One on 45.25MHz jfrere@hotmail.com NZ Computing 2 04-25-2007 10:56 PM
tv tuner/PVR cards gadjo DVD Video 23 02-20-2007 07:32 PM
hat is a differnece between a lcd monitor with a tv tuner and a lcdtv and can u get free cable with a tv tuner sdsd A+ Certification 0 10-17-2005 08:16 AM
Need your advice on TV tuner cards Knowledge Seeker Computer Support 33 12-17-2004 08:26 PM
pci tv tuner cards Peter Waumsley Computer Support 4 04-27-2004 05:25 PM



Advertisments