Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Photoshop help

Photoshop help

Sonn

Hi, I've done a quick search online, but have thrown up several hundred
pages, probably mostly irrelevant.

I'm building a photo banner in Photoshop, and the assortment of photos I
want to bring into the banner are different sizes. Most are too big and
I need to "shrink" them down to all one size. While the "scale"
function will scale the image, it still pastes into the banner window
from the original size, which is too large. Also, altering the canvas
size of the image before copy-paste, doesn't reduce the size of the
image I'm pasting either.

If anyone has some quick suggestions I'd be grateful. Otherwise I will
have to weed through the screeds of online stuff, some other day.

S.

Sonn

Sonn wrote:
> Hi, I've done a quick search online, but have thrown up several hundred
> pages, probably mostly irrelevant.
>
> I'm building a photo banner in Photoshop, and the assortment of photos I
> want to bring into the banner are different sizes. Most are too big and
> I need to "shrink" them down to all one size. While the "scale"
> function will scale the image, it still pastes into the banner window
> from the original size, which is too large. Also, altering the canvas
> size of the image before copy-paste, doesn't reduce the size of the
> image I'm pasting either.
>
> If anyone has some quick suggestions I'd be grateful. Otherwise I will
> have to weed through the screeds of online stuff, some other day.
>
> S.

Oh, I figured it out by a fluke. Paste and then crop. Doh!
S.

Dianthus Mimulus

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 21:31:43 +1200, Sonn wrote:

> I'm building a photo banner in Photoshop, and the assortment of photos I
> want to bring into the banner are different sizes. Most are too big and
> I need to "shrink" them down to all one size. While the "scale"
> function will scale the image, it still pastes into the banner window
> from the original size, which is too large. Also, altering the canvas
> size of the image before copy-paste, doesn't reduce the size of the
> image I'm pasting either.
>
> If anyone has some quick suggestions I'd be grateful. Otherwise I will
> have to weed through the screeds of online stuff, some other day.

You need to tick the "resample image" box when you change the pixel
dimensions.

--
Dianthus Mimulus

When you want a computer system that works, just choose Linux.
When you want a computer system that works, just, choose Microsoft.

Sonn

Dianthus Mimulus wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 21:31:43 +1200, Sonn wrote:
>
>> I'm building a photo banner in Photoshop, and the assortment of photos I
>> want to bring into the banner are different sizes. Most are too big and
>> I need to "shrink" them down to all one size. While the "scale"
>> function will scale the image, it still pastes into the banner window
>> from the original size, which is too large. Also, altering the canvas
>> size of the image before copy-paste, doesn't reduce the size of the
>> image I'm pasting either.
>>
>> If anyone has some quick suggestions I'd be grateful. Otherwise I will
>> have to weed through the screeds of online stuff, some other day.

> You need to tick the "resample image" box when you change the pixel
> dimensions.

Thank you, I still have more tinkering to do, so will make sure I do.
Cheers, S.