Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Web Accelerators (Google) Question

Web Accelerators (Google) Question

Finch

OK,

As you can see I'm having problems with my internet connection.

Google Accelerator basically provides a massive proxy service, which
gets around the DNS problems, but I'm interested to know if anyone has
used it and found it useful.

Also, if all web requests are sent to the proxy server, as opposed via
your ISP, does that mean the local ISP is only seeing (& logging)
requests to that proxy server?

SO it definitely means that Google gets to look at your entire
browsing history, but your ISP just sees the proxy servers?

Thanks, sorry if it's confusing.

WAN Accelerators c0d3w12 Cisco 5 10-16-2007 03:15 PM
web accelerators, worth using? The Screaming Banshee Computer Information 9 11-18-2005 10:41 PM
Conflicting Web.config between web site and web service Joe ASP .Net 1 10-28-2004 11:14 PM
swing JMenuItem accelerators stop working in os x 10.2 for JDesktopPane Darrell Java 0 04-05-2004 05:30 PM
Content processors, XML accelerators (hardware) Ken North XML 0 02-16-2004 08:17 AM

Advertisments