Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Deals at Noel Leemings. DOH!

Deals at Noel Leemings. DOH!

PeeCee

In Noel Leemings Hamilton Wednesday.

On the way out of the store I passed the 'Special' table.

Printers 60-70% off for missing software / cables etc, fair enough..

LCD screens missing power supplies, leads etc.... almost 50% DEARER than
brand new at other retailers.

Example AOC LM728 00 screen only, no leads, power supply.... $499.00
Several others of similar spec & price.

DOH!!!!!
PB Tech for example list the same screen, new, in box, warranty, all the
parts included for $329.00 including GST.
(and 7 in stock)

What a bunch of gormless twit's

Best
Paul.

Rob

"PeeCee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:460c375f$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In Noel Leemings Hamilton Wednesday.
>
> On the way out of the store I passed the 'Special' table.
>
> Printers 60-70% off for missing software / cables etc, fair enough..
>
> LCD screens missing power supplies, leads etc.... almost 50% DEARER than
> brand new at other retailers.
>
> Example AOC LM728 00 screen only, no leads, power supply.... $499.00
> Several others of similar spec & price.
>
> DOH!!!!!
> PB Tech for example list the same screen, new, in box, warranty, all the
> parts included for $329.00 including GST.
> (and 7 in stock)
>
> What a bunch of gormless twit's
>
> Best
> Paul.

Just shows how much they rip people off with their full prices. I just wish
that their were low cost providers for home electronics and appliances, like
there are for computer stuff.

Kent Smith

PeeCee wrote:
> In Noel Leemings Hamilton Wednesday.
>
> On the way out of the store I passed the 'Special' table.
>
> Printers 60-70% off for missing software / cables etc, fair enough..
>
> LCD screens missing power supplies, leads etc.... almost 50% DEARER
> than brand new at other retailers.
>
> Example AOC LM728 00 screen only, no leads, power supply.... $499.00
> Several others of similar spec & price.
>
> DOH!!!!!
> PB Tech for example list the same screen, new, in box, warranty, all
> the parts included for $329.00 including GST.
> (and 7 in stock)
>
> What a bunch of gormless twit's

No, they have gormless customers that buy stuff at these prices.

-KENT

Fred Dagg

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 13:28:02 +1200, "Rob" <(E-Mail Removed)>
exclaimed:

>"PeeCee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:460c375f$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In Noel Leemings Hamilton Wednesday.
>>
>> On the way out of the store I passed the 'Special' table.
>>
>> Printers 60-70% off for missing software / cables etc, fair enough..
>>
>> LCD screens missing power supplies, leads etc.... almost 50% DEARER than
>> brand new at other retailers.
>>
>> Example AOC LM728 00 screen only, no leads, power supply.... $499.00
>> Several others of similar spec & price.
>>
>> DOH!!!!!
>> PB Tech for example list the same screen, new, in box, warranty, all the
>> parts included for $329.00 including GST.
>> (and 7 in stock)
>>
>> What a bunch of gormless twit's
>>
>> Best
>> Paul.
>>

>Just shows how much they rip people off with their full prices. I just wish
>that their were low cost providers for home electronics and appliances, like
>there are for computer stuff.

Making a sustainable profit margin in order to provide service is not
"ripping people off".

Well, it wouldn't be if Noel Leeming provided good service, anyway...

--

Stupidest Comment of the Year Award:

"People should take responsibility for their actions"

- (Leftist) Matty F (7/1/2007), when explaining it was actually the quadbiker's
fault that he was brutally murdered by Graeme Burton. According to Matty F,
it was his fault that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time...

Best Rant of the Year Award:

"Interesting to see the Green bastard even at a supermarket shopping, instead
of living off the land growing his own food. At least he's helped to keep the
cogs and polution of industry going by shopping at supermarkets which sell
products from large filthy factories [that] use stinking diesel trucks
polluting the damn countryside just to get the goods to Nandor's favourite
supermarket. Well done Nandor you two faced tax paid good for nothing bastard"

- E. Scrooge (1/3/2007), a little unhappy about the Green's proposal to ban
supermarket bags...

Robert Cooze

Kent Smith wrote:
> PeeCee wrote:
>> In Noel Leemings Hamilton Wednesday.
>>
>> On the way out of the store I passed the 'Special' table.
>>
>> Printers 60-70% off for missing software / cables etc, fair enough..
>>
>> LCD screens missing power supplies, leads etc.... almost 50% DEARER
>> than brand new at other retailers.
>>
>> Example AOC LM728 00 screen only, no leads, power supply.... $499.00
>> Several others of similar spec & price.
>>
>> DOH!!!!!
>> PB Tech for example list the same screen, new, in box, warranty, all
>> the parts included for $329.00 including GST.
>> (and 7 in stock)
>>
>> What a bunch of gormless twit's
>>

> No, they have gormless customers that buy stuff at these prices.
>

> -KENT

It is that they offer hire purchase!!! and other options. Its a way to
spend more money the easy way!

Dianthus Mimulus

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 10:02:05 +1200, PeeCee wrote:

> LCD screens missing power supplies, leads etc.... almost 50% DEARER than
> brand new at other retailers.
>
> Example AOC LM728 00 screen only, no leads, power supply.... $499.00
> Several others of similar spec & price.
>
> DOH!!!!!
> PB Tech for example list the same screen, new, in box, warranty, all the
> parts included for $329.00 including GST.
> (and 7 in stock)
>
> What a bunch of gormless twit's

I presume that you're thinking about the customers who will buy those
expensive bits of gear. )

--
Dianthus Mimulus

When you want a computer system that works, just choose Linux.
When you want a computer system that works, just, choose Microsoft.

CM

On 30 Mar, 13:28, "Rob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "PeeCee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:460c375f$(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> > In Noel Leemings Hamilton Wednesday.

> > On the way out of the store I passed the 'Special' table.

> > Printers 60-70% off for missing software / cables etc, fair enough..

> > LCD screens missing power supplies, leads etc.... almost 50% DEARER than
> > brand new at other retailers.

> > Example AOC LM728 00 screen only, no leads, power supply.... $499.00
> > Several others of similar spec & price.

> > DOH!!!!!
> > PB Tech for example list the same screen, new, in box, warranty, all the
> > parts included for $329.00 including GST.
> > (and 7 in stock)

> > What a bunch of gormless twit's

> > Best
> > Paul.

> Just shows how much they rip people off with their full prices. I just wish
> that their were low cost providers for home electronics and appliances, like
> there are for computer stuff.- Hide quoted text -

It's the entire principle of successful business- buy low, sell HIGH!