Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > M$ Windows Vi$ta copying bug

Reply
Thread Tools

M$ Windows Vi$ta copying bug

 
 
Dianthus Mimulus
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-29-2007
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/03...a_copying_bug/

Heh heh heh.

So much for all that testing that was done prior to releasing this buggy
POS onto the unsuspecting public!


--
Dianthus Mimulus

When you want a computer system that works, just choose Linux.
When you want a computer system that works, just, choose Microsoft.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
mr espresso
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-29-2007

Well, thank goodness it aint compulsory to use, so you don't need to
worry about it!!


On Mar 29, 7:35 pm, Dianthus Mimulus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/03...a_copying_bug/
>
> Heh heh heh.
>
> So much for all that testing that was done prior to releasing this buggy
> POS onto the unsuspecting public!
>
> --
> Dianthus Mimulus
>
> When you want a computer system that works, just choose Linux.
> When you want a computer system that works, just, choose Microsoft.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
whoisthis
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-29-2007
In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
"mr espresso" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Well, thank goodness it aint compulsory to use, so you don't need to
> worry about it!!
>


shhhh, this kind of talk smack of logic, we don't want none of that high
faluting thinking going on here.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Nathan Mercer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-30-2007
On Mar 29, 7:35 pm, Dianthus Mimulus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/03...a_copying_bug/
>
> Heh heh heh.
>
> So much for all that testing that was done prior to releasing this buggy
> POS onto the unsuspecting public!


Of course El Reg is always 100% accurate. There is no way this bug is
affecting all file copies as the post implies. I have been using
Vista on heaps of machines for over a year now, and I have NEVER hit
this problem. And no I'm not running the hotfix

 
Reply With Quote
 
Andrew Lambert
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-30-2007
Dianthus Mimulus wrote:
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/03...a_copying_bug/
>
> Heh heh heh.
>
> So much for all that testing that was done prior to releasing this buggy
> POS onto the unsuspecting public!
>
>

I wonder what the certain conditions are required for the bug to rear
its head...

its obviously not something thats common otherwise it would have been
noticed earlier
 
Reply With Quote
 
iascoot
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-30-2007
why do people insist on using $ to spell MS.

 
Reply With Quote
 
whoisthis
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-30-2007
In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
"iascoot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> why do people insist on using $ to spell MS.


"People" don't, linux fanboys do. It just pathetic.
 
Reply With Quote
 
El Chippy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-30-2007
On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 23:01:49 -0700, iascoot wrote:

> why do people insist on using $ to spell MS.



Real people don't, only the one eyed linux advocates do this. Kill-fles
take care of this problem.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Dianthus Mimulus
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-30-2007
On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 19:25:43 -0700, Nathan Mercer wrote:

> Of course El Reg is always 100% accurate. There is no way this bug is
> affecting all file copies as the post implies. I have been using
> Vista on heaps of machines for over a year now, and I have NEVER hit
> this problem. And no I'm not running the hotfix


Yes - sensible not to run a M$ hotfix - the patches are often dodgy enough.


--
Dianthus Mimulus

When you want a computer system that works, just choose Linux.
When you want a computer system that works, just, choose Microsoft.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Nathan Mercer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-01-2007
On Mar 31, 11:12 am, Dianthus Mimulus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 19:25:43 -0700, Nathan Mercer wrote:
> > Of course El Reg is always 100% accurate. There is no way this bug is
> > affecting all file copies as the post implies. I have been using
> > Vista on heaps of machines for over a year now, and I have NEVER hit
> > this problem. And no I'm not running the hotfix

>
> Yes - sensible not to run a M$ hotfix


No, it is sensivle to run a hotfix, if you are having that particular
problem

>- the patches are often dodgy enough.


A hotfix is a patch

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*bug* *bug* *bug* David Raleigh Arnold Firefox 12 04-02-2007 03:13 AM
copying a file from windows file system to ext2 and ext3 muttu2244@yahoo.com Python 2 01-11-2006 12:08 AM
Copying from an old Windows installation Lee Davison Computer Support 3 02-01-2004 10:54 PM
Windows Media Player copying on XP Home. Phil C. Computer Support 0 10-07-2003 11:43 AM
Copying a PIL image to windows clipboard? Gey-Hong Gweon Python 2 08-29-2003 02:54 PM



Advertisments