Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > New Version of Google

New Version of Google

geopelia

I've got this new version of Google. What do I click to find out how
to use it please? An instruction page or something.

One problem is that the messages only go half way down the page even
if I move the side bar.

The last two versions were much easier.

Geopelia

XPD

"geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I've got this new version of Google. What do I click to find out how
> to use it please? An instruction page or something.
>
> One problem is that the messages only go half way down the page even
> if I move the side bar.
>
> The last two versions were much easier.
>
> Geopelia

Err...Google what ?
Google Earth ? Desktop ? Picasa ? Google Mail ? Google homepage in your
browser ?

geopelia

On Mar 26, 11:39 am, "XPD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>
> > I've got this new version of Google. What do I click to find out how
> > to use it please? An instruction page or something.

> > One problem is that the messages only go half way down the page even
> > if I move the side bar.

> > The last two versions were much easier.

> > Geopelia

> Err...Google what ?
> Google Earth ? Desktop ? Picasa ? Google Mail ? Google homepage in your
> browser ?

Google groups. The new version seems very hard to use.

Matty F

On Mar 26, 9:40 am, "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I've got this new version of Google. What do I click to find out how
> to use it please? An instruction page or something.
>
> One problem is that the messages only go half way down the page even
> if I move the side bar.
>
> The last two versions were much easier.

What browser are you using? The new Google Groups has the problem that
you describe when using Mozilla.

geopelia

On Mar 26, 9:12 pm, "Matty F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Mar 26, 9:40 am, "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I've got this new version of Google. What do I click to find out how
> > to use it please? An instruction page or something.

> > One problem is that the messages only go half way down the page even
> > if I move the side bar.

> > The last two versions were much easier.

> What browser are you using? The new Google Groups has the problem that
> you describe when using Mozilla.

Outlook Express.

I've found quite a bit about using Google Groups in Help, I'll hunt
around for this problem there.

Thank you.

Matty F

On Mar 27, 12:26 am, "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Mar 26, 9:12 pm, "Matty F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > On Mar 26, 9:40 am, "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > I've got this new version of Google. What do I click to find out how
> > > to use it please? An instruction page or something.

> > > One problem is that the messages only go half way down the page even
> > > if I move the side bar.

> > > The last two versions were much easier.

> > What browser are you using? The new Google Groups has the problem that
> > you describe when using Mozilla.

> Outlook Express.

The problem also occurs with Internet Explorer 6.
This is what the bug looks like:
http://i9.tinypic.com/40mp9uf.jpg

The Opera browser works fine, so it's not really Google's fault.
Quite possibly Firefox is OK but I don't have that (or IE7).

Kent Smith

geopelia wrote:
> I've got this new version of Google. What do I click to find out how
> to use it please? An instruction page or something.
>
> One problem is that the messages only go half way down the page even
> if I move the side bar.
>
> The last two versions were much easier.

You should probably upgrade to the latest version of IBM. It is much
better.

-KENT

Fred Dagg

On 26 Mar 2007 06:05:22 -0700, "Matty F" <(E-Mail Removed)>
exclaimed:

>On Mar 27, 12:26 am, "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> > What browser are you using? The new Google Groups has the problem that
>> > you describe when using Mozilla.

>> Outlook Express.

>The problem also occurs with Internet Explorer 6.
>This is what the bug looks like:
>http://i9.tinypic.com/40mp9uf.jpg
>
>The Opera browser works fine, so it's not really Google's fault.
>Quite possibly Firefox is OK but I don't have that (or IE7).

Not really Google's fault??

There's a bug that is exposed to the majority of users of their site,
and it's not their fault because it works in a browser that is used by
about 3% of people? (I'm not knocking Opera - it rules - but come on!)

--

Stupidest Comment of the Year Award:

"People should take responsibility for their actions"

- (Leftist) Matty F (7/1/2007), when explaining it was actually the quadbiker's
fault that he was brutally murdered by Graeme Burton. According to Matty F,
it was his fault that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time...

Best Rant of the Year Award:

"Interesting to see the Green bastard even at a supermarket shopping, instead
of living off the land growing his own food. At least he's helped to keep the
cogs and polution of industry going by shopping at supermarkets which sell
products from large filthy factories [that] use stinking diesel trucks
polluting the damn countryside just to get the goods to Nandor's favourite
supermarket. Well done Nandor you two faced tax paid good for nothing bastard"

- E. Scrooge (1/3/2007), a little unhappy about the Green's proposal to ban
supermarket bags...

Murray Symon

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 06:05:22 -0700, Matty F wrote:

> On Mar 27, 12:26 am, "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> > What browser are you using? The new Google Groups has the problem that
>> > you describe when using Mozilla.

>> Outlook Express.

> The problem also occurs with Internet Explorer 6. This is what the bug
> looks like:
> http://i9.tinypic.com/40mp9uf.jpg
>
> The Opera browser works fine, so it's not really Google's fault. Quite
> possibly Firefox is OK but I don't have that (or IE7).

It does it sometimes on Firefox 1.5 (on WinXP) also - it seems to be when
a message is opened in a new "Tab". Doing a page refresh seems to fix it
for me each time.

Murray.