Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > aioe

geopelia

Is aioe not working today? 25 March.

I keep getting message "Can't connect to server"

Geopelia

GraB

On 25 Mar 2007 04:56:10 -0700, "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Is aioe not working today? 25 March.
>
>I keep getting message "Can't connect to server"
>
>Geopelia

The webpage times out.

geopelia

On Mar 26, 1:48 am, GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 25 Mar 2007 04:56:10 -0700, "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Is aioe not working today? 25 March.

> >I keep getting message "Can't connect to server"

> >Geopelia

> The webpage times out.

I'm not sure what you mean, but I can't connect to aioe at all this
morning.

GraB

On 25 Mar 2007 14:33:11 -0700, "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Mar 26, 1:48 am, GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On 25 Mar 2007 04:56:10 -0700, "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Is aioe not working today? 25 March.

>> >I keep getting message "Can't connect to server"

>> >Geopelia

>> The webpage times out.

>I'm not sure what you mean, but I can't connect to aioe at all this
>morning.

It means I tried to connect to the http://news.aioe.org/ website but
the browser fails to make a connection. Just trying again, 3.20pm,
still the same result:

The connection has timed out

The server at news.aioe.org is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again
in a few moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy,
make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

geopelia

On Mar 26, 3:24 pm, GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 25 Mar 2007 14:33:11 -0700, "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >On Mar 26, 1:48 am, GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> The webpage times out.

> >I'm not sure what you mean, but I can't connect to aioe at all this
> >morning.

> It means I tried to connect to thehttp://news.aioe.org/website but
> the browser fails to make a connection. Just trying again, 3.20pm,
> still the same result:
>
> The connection has timed out
>
> The server at news.aioe.org is taking too long to respond.
>
> * The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again
> in a few moments.
>
> * If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
> connection.
>
> * If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy,
> make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Thank you.

I wondered if everyone was getting the same message, or just me.
I can get Google.

I don't think it is my virus program (Trendmicro) as it has always
worked before.

aioe does a good job most of the time.

Geopelia

Peter Huebner

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,

> Thank you.
>
> I wondered if everyone was getting the same message, or just me.
> I can get Google.
>
> I don't think it is my virus program (Trendmicro) as it has always
> worked before.
>
> aioe does a good job most of the time.
>
> Geopelia

Well it sounds like his computer is broken, or his network connection has gone
down... try again every day or so.

-P.

E. Scrooge

"geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Is aioe not working today? 25 March.
>
> I keep getting message "Can't connect to server"
>
> Geopelia

Could be out for days, weeks, or even out for good.

Xtra went from 3 services down to 2 services months ago.
You've had all that time to find a better ISP that doesn't lose emails and
provides 3 services.

If you plan on living for a few more years at least hopefully, then make the
most of it by joining a decent ISP that offers all 3 services instead of
just 2 for the highest monthly fees around.

As a little back up outfit aioe is fine if it keeps on starting and
stopping, but can't match a steady reliable service that a decent NZ ISP can
provide.

E. Scrooge

Earl Grey

E. Scrooge wrote:
> "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> Is aioe not working today? 25 March.
>>
>> I keep getting message "Can't connect to server"
>>
>> Geopelia

> Could be out for days, weeks, or even out for good.
>
> Xtra went from 3 services down to 2 services months ago.
> You've had all that time to find a better ISP that doesn't lose emails and
> provides 3 services.
>
> If you plan on living for a few more years at least hopefully,

What a patronising wanker this Scrooge c*nt is !

Crash

E. Scrooge wrote:
> "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> Is aioe not working today? 25 March.
>>
>> I keep getting message "Can't connect to server"
>>
>> Geopelia

> Could be out for days, weeks, or even out for good.
>
> Xtra went from 3 services down to 2 services months ago.
> You've had all that time to find a better ISP that doesn't lose emails and
> provides 3 services.
>
> If you plan on living for a few more years at least hopefully, then make the
> most of it by joining a decent ISP that offers all 3 services instead of
> just 2 for the highest monthly fees around.
>
> As a little back up outfit aioe is fine if it keeps on starting and
> stopping, but can't match a steady reliable service that a decent NZ ISP can
> provide.

Geopelia has been told all this many times but chooses to continue to use Xtra,
Google groups and the aoie server. Surely you must have noticed this in the past?

Off-topic posts like this are as bad as religious OS wars breaking out when
someone asks a simple OS-related question.

Crash.

E. Scrooge

"Crash" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4607977e$(E-Mail Removed)...
> E. Scrooge wrote:
>> "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>>> Is aioe not working today? 25 March.
>>>
>>> I keep getting message "Can't connect to server"
>>>
>>> Geopelia

>> Could be out for days, weeks, or even out for good.
>>
>> Xtra went from 3 services down to 2 services months ago.
>> You've had all that time to find a better ISP that doesn't lose emails
>> and provides 3 services.
>>
>> If you plan on living for a few more years at least hopefully, then make
>> the most of it by joining a decent ISP that offers all 3 services instead
>> of just 2 for the highest monthly fees around.
>>
>> As a little back up outfit aioe is fine if it keeps on starting and
>> stopping, but can't match a steady reliable service that a decent NZ ISP
>> can provide.

> Geopelia has been told all this many times but chooses to continue to use
> Xtra, Google groups and the aoie server. Surely you must have noticed
> this in the past?
>
> Off-topic posts like this are as bad as religious OS wars breaking out
> when someone asks a simple OS-related question.
>
> Crash.

Very true.
Yet when the solution is a very simple one, then why not take that solution
when it offers far more for less fees?

It's hardly off topic when the person is without a newsgroup service, and
obviously enjoys having a newsgroup service.

Why exactly should one pay more when they're only getting 2 out of the 3
main services that they choose to use most likely fairly equally?

Using a mickey mouse news service is hardly a solution when the service is
needed almost every day.

Changing ISPs is no big deal and those of us who have changed ISPs have
often done so for the better.

There's nothing to be surprised about over aioe going down for a while, it's
hardly the first time that it's ever happened. Only surprising thing is
that the free service has lasted as long as it has. It may well be back in
a week or 2 if it's just a tempt problem or it could be gone for good.
Either way it's hardly a service that one should rely on as their one and
only newsgroup service.

At least there are very real solutions, and waving magic wand around
claiming that aioe will be running againg in 5 minutes time isn't one of
those real long term solutions.

E. Scrooge

aioe.cjb.net (2?) TNKEV Computer Support 11 08-24-2005 12:22 PM
aioe.cjb.net TNKEV Computer Support 0 08-23-2005 03:26 PM
aioe.cjb.net TNKEV Computer Support 0 08-08-2005 01:44 PM
Re: att.aioe. = Too many quoted lines? Wizard Computer Support 3 03-27-2005 05:24 AM
Re: att.aioe. = Too many quoted lines? Wizard Computer Information 3 03-27-2005 05:24 AM

Advertisments