Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Telecom Mobile customers are being shafted

Telecom Mobile customers are being shafted

Donchano

Got a new Nokia and went into the Telecom shop in town to get a few
accessories.

Turned out the old charger from my car would work with the new phone,
but they wanted over one hundred dollars for a USB connector and
$69.95 for an earphone.

Happened to be in a Warehouse two days ago and picked up the same
earphone for just over $12.00. Pity they didn't have a USB connector.

Any ideas where I can get a Nokia USB connector more cheaply than
Telecom?

Baloo

Donchano wrote:
> Got a new Nokia and went into the Telecom shop in town to get a few
> accessories.
>
> Turned out the old charger from my car would work with the new phone,
> but they wanted over one hundred dollars for a USB connector and
> $69.95 for an earphone.
>
> Happened to be in a Warehouse two days ago and picked up the same
> earphone for just over $12.00. Pity they didn't have a USB connector.
>
> Any ideas where I can get a Nokia USB connector more cheaply than
> Telecom?

On my (work) phone, it uses the same USB socket as a standard camera...
and a standard camera lead works ymmv

Mathew Good

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 13:05:50 +1200, Donchano <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Got a new Nokia and went into the Telecom shop in town to get a few
>accessories.
>
>Turned out the old charger from my car would work with the new phone,
>but they wanted over one hundred dollars for a USB connector and
>$69.95 for an earphone.
>
>Happened to be in a Warehouse two days ago and picked up the same
>earphone for just over $12.00. Pity they didn't have a USB connector.
>
>Any ideas where I can get a Nokia USB connector more cheaply than
>Telecom?

Yes Trademe..

What you should do is to do a deal with the retailer when you buy the phone..

-=rjh=-

Donchano wrote:
> Got a new Nokia and went into the Telecom shop in town to get a few
> accessories.
>
> Turned out the old charger from my car would work with the new phone,
> but they wanted over one hundred dollars for a USB connector and
> $69.95 for an earphone.
>
> Happened to be in a Warehouse two days ago and picked up the same
> earphone for just over $12.00. Pity they didn't have a USB connector.
>
> Any ideas where I can get a Nokia USB connector more cheaply than
> Telecom?

Cellphoneshop.net - I've used them a couple of times with no problems,
good for some PDA accessories, batteries etc too. Fast service.

HTH

Tony

Donchano wrote:
> Got a new Nokia and went into the Telecom shop in town to get a few
> accessories.
>
> Turned out the old charger from my car would work with the new phone,
> but they wanted over one hundred dollars for a USB connector and
> $69.95 for an earphone.
>
> Happened to be in a Warehouse two days ago and picked up the same
> earphone for just over $12.00. Pity they didn't have a USB connector.
>
> Any ideas where I can get a Nokia USB connector more cheaply than
> Telecom?

I got a Samsung mobile for the wife a couple of weeks ago, it's
advertised as an MP3 player and comes with a USB cable. The usb cable
does not work, there are no drivers for it (Telecom has bought the
Sprint version with all the functionality disabled) and the bluetooth
achieves nothing. The only way to play MP3's on it is to remove the card
from the phone and put it into a card reader on your PC. I intend to lay
a complaint to the Advertising Standards authority as they are
blatantly selling something that just does not do what they are
advertising it as. I maen WTF do the include a USB cable and Bluetooth
capability when you can't use them for anything ? barstards.

Rob

"Tony" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in message
news:newscache$9ffffj$fzk$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Donchano wrote:
>> Got a new Nokia and went into the Telecom shop in town to get a few
>> accessories.
>>
>> Turned out the old charger from my car would work with the new phone,
>> but they wanted over one hundred dollars for a USB connector and
>> $69.95 for an earphone. Happened to be in a Warehouse two days ago and
>> picked up the same
>> earphone for just over $12.00. Pity they didn't have a USB connector.
>>
>> Any ideas where I can get a Nokia USB connector more cheaply than
>> Telecom?
>>

> I got a Samsung mobile for the wife a couple of weeks ago, it's advertised
> as an MP3 player and comes with a USB cable. The usb cable does not work,
> there are no drivers for it (Telecom has bought the Sprint version with
> all the functionality disabled) and the bluetooth achieves nothing. The
> only way to play MP3's on it is to remove the card from the phone and put
> it into a card reader on your PC. I intend to lay a complaint to the
> Advertising Standards authority as they are blatantly selling something
> that just does not do what they are advertising it as. I maen WTF do the
> include a USB cable and Bluetooth capability when you can't use them for
> anything ? barstards.

You can return it to the shop for a full refund under the CGA. I have done
this before when something didn't work to how it was advertised.

Rob

"Donchano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Got a new Nokia and went into the Telecom shop in town to get a few
> accessories.
>
> Turned out the old charger from my car would work with the new phone,
> but they wanted over one hundred dollars for a USB connector and
> $69.95 for an earphone.
>
> Happened to be in a Warehouse two days ago and picked up the same
> earphone for just over $12.00. Pity they didn't have a USB connector.
>
> Any ideas where I can get a Nokia USB connector more cheaply than
> Telecom?

That is how they make their money. Trademe may be an option.

Robert Cooze

Rob wrote:
> "Tony" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in message
> news:newscache$9ffffj$fzk$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Donchano wrote:
>>> Got a new Nokia and went into the Telecom shop in town to get a few
>>> accessories.
>>>
>>> Turned out the old charger from my car would work with the new phone,
>>> but they wanted over one hundred dollars for a USB connector and
>>> $69.95 for an earphone. Happened to be in a Warehouse two days ago and
>>> picked up the same
>>> earphone for just over $12.00. Pity they didn't have a USB connector.
>>>
>>> Any ideas where I can get a Nokia USB connector more cheaply than
>>> Telecom?
>>>

>> I got a Samsung mobile for the wife a couple of weeks ago, it's advertised
>> as an MP3 player and comes with a USB cable. The usb cable does not work,
>> there are no drivers for it (Telecom has bought the Sprint version with
>> all the functionality disabled) and the bluetooth achieves nothing. The
>> only way to play MP3's on it is to remove the card from the phone and put
>> it into a card reader on your PC. I intend to lay a complaint to the
>> Advertising Standards authority as they are blatantly selling something
>> that just does not do what they are advertising it as. I maen WTF do the
>> include a USB cable and Bluetooth capability when you can't use them for
>> anything ? barstards.

> You can return it to the shop for a full refund under the CGA. I have done
> this before when something didn't work to how it was advertised.

Try that with telecom mobile and you will find out once the hand set has
been turned on they will not exchange it (me thinks breach of most
trading laws and CGA) That was a few years ago I gave up fighting a
Door to door sale of trade in a O21 for a 027 (they said free email
account) But that was something you had to pay for (was not worried
about the access fees) in the end I went with Vodaphone. But least I am
getting shafted by my free choice.

CM

On 24 Mar, 13:05, Donchano <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Got a new Nokia and went into the Telecom shop in town to get a few
> accessories.
>
> Turned out the old charger from my car would work with the new phone,
> but they wanted over one hundred dollars for a USB connector and
> $69.95 for an earphone.
>
> Happened to be in a Warehouse two days ago and picked up the same
> earphone for just over $12.00. Pity they didn't have a USB connector.
>
> Any ideas where I can get a Nokia USB connector more cheaply than
> Telecom?

Get over it you looser.

auto395694@hushmail.com

On , , 26 Mar 2007 06:19:15 -0700, Re: Telecom Mobile customers
are being shafted, "CM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 24 Mar, 13:05, Donchano <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Got a new Nokia and went into the Telecom shop in town to get a few
>> accessories.
>>
>> Turned out the old charger from my car would work with the new phone,
>> but they wanted over one hundred dollars for a USB connector and
>> $69.95 for an earphone.
>>
>> Happened to be in a Warehouse two days ago and picked up the same
>> earphone for just over $12.00. Pity they didn't have a USB connector.
>>
>> Any ideas where I can get a Nokia USB connector more cheaply than
>> Telecom?

>Get over it you looser.

"Looser" than what?
I presume you mean loser.