Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > TS/Paradise/Clear newsserver...

TS/Paradise/Clear newsserver...

Dave Doe

Well... I'm talking to a very helpful young man - who's not aware of the
problem - and has escalated it.

It seems they have run out of their allocation again. I'm told it will
be back on 27th March.

He also told me they know where most of it goes - yep, binaries (porn).
I suggested they (like most (all?) other ISP's) just ditch the porn
binary groups.

As much as that might **** a lotta yer off - at least usenet is working
again.

He also told me they are looking at increased allocation, but we've
heard that already eh.

--
Duncan

Mark Robinson

Dave Doe wrote:
> Well... I'm talking to a very helpful young man - who's not aware of the
> problem - and has escalated it.
>
> It seems they have run out of their allocation again. I'm told it will
> be back on 27th March.
>
> He also told me they know where most of it goes - yep, binaries (porn).
> I suggested they (like most (all?) other ISP's) just ditch the porn
> binary groups.
>
> As much as that might **** a lotta yer off - at least usenet is working
> again.
>
> He also told me they are looking at increased allocation, but we've
> heard that already eh.

Have they used their allocation for port 80 too ?

I'm having trouble getting a route to http://www.immigration.govt.nz/

Rob

"Dave Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...
> Well... I'm talking to a very helpful young man - who's not aware of the
> problem - and has escalated it.
>
> It seems they have run out of their allocation again. I'm told it will
> be back on 27th March.
>
> He also told me they know where most of it goes - yep, binaries (porn).
> I suggested they (like most (all?) other ISP's) just ditch the porn
> binary groups.
>
> As much as that might **** a lotta yer off - at least usenet is working
> again.
>
> He also told me they are looking at increased allocation, but we've
> heard that already eh.
>
> --

I guess you could join up with Google news and send your posts that way.
It's a waste of time as it is at present.

Dave Doe

In article <(E-Mail Removed)2tod.net>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)2tod.net says...
> Dave Doe wrote:
> > Well... I'm talking to a very helpful young man - who's not aware of the
> > problem - and has escalated it.
> >
> > It seems they have run out of their allocation again. I'm told it will
> > be back on 27th March.
> >
> > He also told me they know where most of it goes - yep, binaries (porn).
> > I suggested they (like most (all?) other ISP's) just ditch the porn
> > binary groups.
> >
> > As much as that might **** a lotta yer off - at least usenet is working
> > again.
> >
> > He also told me they are looking at increased allocation, but we've
> > heard that already eh.

> Have they used their allocation for port 80 too ?
>
> I'm having trouble getting a route to http://www.immigration.govt.nz/

LOL - naa, sorry, it's the immigration site - and irish mate is applying
for residency and he's had a number of connection or website not
processing forms problems on it.

Wouldn't be surprised though.

--
Duncan

Dave Doe

In article <45fe14fd$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...

> "Dave Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...
> > Well... I'm talking to a very helpful young man - who's not aware of the
> > problem - and has escalated it.
> >
> > It seems they have run out of their allocation again. I'm told it will
> > be back on 27th March.
> >
> > He also told me they know where most of it goes - yep, binaries (porn).
> > I suggested they (like most (all?) other ISP's) just ditch the porn
> > binary groups.
> >
> > As much as that might **** a lotta yer off - at least usenet is working
> > again.
> >
> > He also told me they are looking at increased allocation, but we've
> > heard that already eh.
> >
> > --

> I guess you could join up with Google news and send your posts that way.
> It's a waste of time as it is at present.

It doesn't bother me much, I spend more time on news.microsoft.com that
the Paradise newsserver. OTOH I *need* to use a nice filtering system
for the paradise server - there's quite a lot of people in my Bozo Bin.

--
Duncan

Dianthus Mimulus

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:33:15 +1200, Dave Doe wrote:

> As much as that might **** a lotta yer off - at least usenet is working
> again.

It's not working - still can't get any posts from outside of
TelstraClearSaturnParadisewhatever.

They should completely drop all the binary groups - they are totally
wasteful part of Usenet, serve no useful purpose, and cause
TelstraClearSaturnParadisewhatever to run out of its data allocation
only TWO weeks into the month.

> He also told me they are looking at increased allocation, but we've
> heard that already eh.

Did he indicate when they were actually going to make a decision on that?

--
Dianthus Mimulus

Arno Edelmann: "Usually Microsoft doesn't develop products, we buy products."

Dianthus Mimulus

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 11:37:54 +1200, Mathew Good <mg wrote:

> Plus Internal affaires will not let them..

What "affaires" are you referring to?

--
Dianthus Mimulus

Arno Edelmann: "Usually Microsoft doesn't develop products, we buy products."

Dave Doe

says...
> On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:33:15 +1200, Dave Doe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Well... I'm talking to a very helpful young man - who's not aware of the
> >problem - and has escalated it.
> >
> >It seems they have run out of their allocation again. I'm told it will
> >be back on 27th March.
> >
> >He also told me they know where most of it goes - yep, binaries (porn).
> >I suggested they (like most (all?) other ISP's) just ditch the porn
> >binary groups.
> >
> >As much as that might **** a lotta yer off - at least usenet is working
> >again.
> >
> >He also told me they are looking at increased allocation, but we've
> >heard that already eh.

> They do not Carry them at all, so why all the Bull/Crap..

Yes they do.

> Plus Internal affaires will not let them..

Yes they do.

> Some one is pulling the wool over your eyes..

No - I'm not blind like you Roger.

--
Duncan

thingy

Dave Doe wrote:
> Well... I'm talking to a very helpful young man - who's not aware of the
> problem - and has escalated it.
>
> It seems they have run out of their allocation again. I'm told it will
> be back on 27th March.
>
> He also told me they know where most of it goes - yep, binaries (porn).
> I suggested they (like most (all?) other ISP's) just ditch the porn
> binary groups.
>
> As much as that might **** a lotta yer off - at least usenet is working
> again.
>
> He also told me they are looking at increased allocation, but we've
> heard that already eh.

I dont think you can get binaries off them...

regards

Thing

Dave Doe

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)y says...
> Dave Doe wrote:
> > Well... I'm talking to a very helpful young man - who's not aware of the
> > problem - and has escalated it.
> >
> > It seems they have run out of their allocation again. I'm told it will
> > be back on 27th March.
> >
> > He also told me they know where most of it goes - yep, binaries (porn).
> > I suggested they (like most (all?) other ISP's) just ditch the porn
> > binary groups.
> >
> > As much as that might **** a lotta yer off - at least usenet is working
> > again.
> >
> > He also told me they are looking at increased allocation, but we've
> > heard that already eh.
> >

> I dont think you can get binaries off them...

Why do you say that?

There are 952 groups beginning alt.binaries.pictures - just paging
through them I'd say over half of those are porn.

I have no problem with binary groups - some people like to get pictures
of planes or trains etc. But the porn can go.

Surely it's easy for them to do that.

--
Duncan